"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:39:45, Oct 24th 2016 - Another Kingsland parent - I am very proud of the work and commitment of Mr. Stinson ... [Read More]
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert R. Jech, 67, of Chatfield, died of multiple myeloma Friday (Oct. 31, 2003) at his home.
He was born Dec. 4, 1935, in rural Grand Meadow, and graduated from Grand Meadow High School in 1954. On Sept. 3, 1955, he married Donna Narveson in Stewartville. Mrs. Jech was a cook at Elgin-Millville schools for 27 years. From 1958 to 1960, he served in the U.S. Army. He lived in rural Grand Meadow until age 19, and then was a dairy farmer and raised registered Holstein cattle for 42 years in the Elgin-Eyota area. The last five years he lived in Chatfield. He was a member of the Holstein Association. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Bob (Michele) of Eyota, and Scott (Chris) of Chatfield; one daughter, Cindy (Steve) LaPlante of Chatfield; six grandchildren; four brothers, Clarence of Elgin, Albert and Kenneth of Rochester, and Loren (Mary) of Chatfield; and two sisters, Leona “Beezie” (Willie) Cambern of Fountain, and Edna Farmer of Rochester. The funeral for Robert R. Jech was November 3, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church with the Revs. Eric and Christine Finsand co-officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.