"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert R. Jech, 67, of Chatfield, died of multiple myeloma Friday (Oct. 31, 2003) at his home.
He was born Dec. 4, 1935, in rural Grand Meadow, and graduated from Grand Meadow High School in 1954. On Sept. 3, 1955, he married Donna Narveson in Stewartville. Mrs. Jech was a cook at Elgin-Millville schools for 27 years. From 1958 to 1960, he served in the U.S. Army. He lived in rural Grand Meadow until age 19, and then was a dairy farmer and raised registered Holstein cattle for 42 years in the Elgin-Eyota area. The last five years he lived in Chatfield. He was a member of the Holstein Association. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Bob (Michele) of Eyota, and Scott (Chris) of Chatfield; one daughter, Cindy (Steve) LaPlante of Chatfield; six grandchildren; four brothers, Clarence of Elgin, Albert and Kenneth of Rochester, and Loren (Mary) of Chatfield; and two sisters, Leona “Beezie” (Willie) Cambern of Fountain, and Edna Farmer of Rochester. The funeral for Robert R. Jech was November 3, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church with the Revs. Eric and Christine Finsand co-officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.