"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert R. Jech, 67, of Chatfield, died of multiple myeloma Friday (Oct. 31, 2003) at his home.
He was born Dec. 4, 1935, in rural Grand Meadow, and graduated from Grand Meadow High School in 1954. On Sept. 3, 1955, he married Donna Narveson in Stewartville. Mrs. Jech was a cook at Elgin-Millville schools for 27 years. From 1958 to 1960, he served in the U.S. Army. He lived in rural Grand Meadow until age 19, and then was a dairy farmer and raised registered Holstein cattle for 42 years in the Elgin-Eyota area. The last five years he lived in Chatfield. He was a member of the Holstein Association. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Bob (Michele) of Eyota, and Scott (Chris) of Chatfield; one daughter, Cindy (Steve) LaPlante of Chatfield; six grandchildren; four brothers, Clarence of Elgin, Albert and Kenneth of Rochester, and Loren (Mary) of Chatfield; and two sisters, Leona “Beezie” (Willie) Cambern of Fountain, and Edna Farmer of Rochester. The funeral for Robert R. Jech was November 3, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church with the Revs. Eric and Christine Finsand co-officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.