"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniersâ€™ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert R. Jech, 67, of Chatfield, died of multiple myeloma Friday (Oct. 31, 2003) at his home.
He was born Dec. 4, 1935, in rural Grand Meadow, and graduated from Grand Meadow High School in 1954. On Sept. 3, 1955, he married Donna Narveson in Stewartville. Mrs. Jech was a cook at Elgin-Millville schools for 27 years. From 1958 to 1960, he served in the U.S. Army. He lived in rural Grand Meadow until age 19, and then was a dairy farmer and raised registered Holstein cattle for 42 years in the Elgin-Eyota area. The last five years he lived in Chatfield. He was a member of the Holstein Association. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Bob (Michele) of Eyota, and Scott (Chris) of Chatfield; one daughter, Cindy (Steve) LaPlante of Chatfield; six grandchildren; four brothers, Clarence of Elgin, Albert and Kenneth of Rochester, and Loren (Mary) of Chatfield; and two sisters, Leona “Beezie” (Willie) Cambern of Fountain, and Edna Farmer of Rochester. The funeral for Robert R. Jech was November 3, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church with the Revs. Eric and Christine Finsand co-officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.