"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert R. Jech, 67, of Chatfield, died of multiple myeloma Friday (Oct. 31, 2003) at his home.
He was born Dec. 4, 1935, in rural Grand Meadow, and graduated from Grand Meadow High School in 1954. On Sept. 3, 1955, he married Donna Narveson in Stewartville. Mrs. Jech was a cook at Elgin-Millville schools for 27 years. From 1958 to 1960, he served in the U.S. Army. He lived in rural Grand Meadow until age 19, and then was a dairy farmer and raised registered Holstein cattle for 42 years in the Elgin-Eyota area. The last five years he lived in Chatfield. He was a member of the Holstein Association. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Bob (Michele) of Eyota, and Scott (Chris) of Chatfield; one daughter, Cindy (Steve) LaPlante of Chatfield; six grandchildren; four brothers, Clarence of Elgin, Albert and Kenneth of Rochester, and Loren (Mary) of Chatfield; and two sisters, Leona “Beezie” (Willie) Cambern of Fountain, and Edna Farmer of Rochester. The funeral for Robert R. Jech was November 3, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church with the Revs. Eric and Christine Finsand co-officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.