"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lucille Mae Hovey, 81, of rural Lime Springs, Iowa, a farm homemaker and former postal clerk, died November 1, 2003 at Harmony Health Care in Harmony where she had lived 21 years.
Lucille Mae Kirschman was born July 7, 1922, in Red Lake Falls, Minn., grew up in Ridgeway, Iowa, and graduated from Cresco, Iowa, High School. During World War II, Lucille was a WAVE and after her discharge from the Navy worked for the Howard County Draft Board. On Feb. 19, 1954, she married Merland R. Hovey and they farmed in rural Lime Springs. She was a member of the Saetersdal Lutheran Church. Survivors include her husband; a son, David (Linda Gesell) of Lime Springs; three daughters, Linda (Lou) Ortiz of Woodbury, Minn., Pam (Craig) Mensink of rural Preston and Carol (Jeff) Dadd of Burnsville, Minn.; and five grandchildren. Two sisters and a brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Lucille Mae Hovey was November 4, 2003 at Saetersdal Lutheran Church in rural Lime Springs. Burial was in the church cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.