"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lucille Mae Hovey, 81, of rural Lime Springs, Iowa, a farm homemaker and former postal clerk, died November 1, 2003 at Harmony Health Care in Harmony where she had lived 21 years.
Lucille Mae Kirschman was born July 7, 1922, in Red Lake Falls, Minn., grew up in Ridgeway, Iowa, and graduated from Cresco, Iowa, High School. During World War II, Lucille was a WAVE and after her discharge from the Navy worked for the Howard County Draft Board. On Feb. 19, 1954, she married Merland R. Hovey and they farmed in rural Lime Springs. She was a member of the Saetersdal Lutheran Church. Survivors include her husband; a son, David (Linda Gesell) of Lime Springs; three daughters, Linda (Lou) Ortiz of Woodbury, Minn., Pam (Craig) Mensink of rural Preston and Carol (Jeff) Dadd of Burnsville, Minn.; and five grandchildren. Two sisters and a brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Lucille Mae Hovey was November 4, 2003 at Saetersdal Lutheran Church in rural Lime Springs. Burial was in the church cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.