"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
- 6:32:58, Feb 22nd 2014 - Journalreader - WOW is what i can say to this WOW. good job journal this is one heck ... [Read More]
- 2:05:11, Feb 21st 2014 - C1 - This is much worse then a hormone it is a foreign object being placed in your bo ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lucille Mae Hovey, 81, of rural Lime Springs, Iowa, a farm homemaker and former postal clerk, died November 1, 2003 at Harmony Health Care in Harmony where she had lived 21 years.
Lucille Mae Kirschman was born July 7, 1922, in Red Lake Falls, Minn., grew up in Ridgeway, Iowa, and graduated from Cresco, Iowa, High School. During World War II, Lucille was a WAVE and after her discharge from the Navy worked for the Howard County Draft Board. On Feb. 19, 1954, she married Merland R. Hovey and they farmed in rural Lime Springs. She was a member of the Saetersdal Lutheran Church. Survivors include her husband; a son, David (Linda Gesell) of Lime Springs; three daughters, Linda (Lou) Ortiz of Woodbury, Minn., Pam (Craig) Mensink of rural Preston and Carol (Jeff) Dadd of Burnsville, Minn.; and five grandchildren. Two sisters and a brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Lucille Mae Hovey was November 4, 2003 at Saetersdal Lutheran Church in rural Lime Springs. Burial was in the church cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.