"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, October 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
- 11:22:49, Oct 18th 2014 - agree - Fact says has a great point. Money is at the root of the problems in high sc ... [Read More]
- 5:24:15, Oct 17th 2014 - FC concern - To FC Nobody: Just means you have smart bullies. Take your blinders of ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lucille Mae Hovey, 81, of rural Lime Springs, Iowa, a farm homemaker and former postal clerk, died November 1, 2003 at Harmony Health Care in Harmony where she had lived 21 years.
Lucille Mae Kirschman was born July 7, 1922, in Red Lake Falls, Minn., grew up in Ridgeway, Iowa, and graduated from Cresco, Iowa, High School. During World War II, Lucille was a WAVE and after her discharge from the Navy worked for the Howard County Draft Board. On Feb. 19, 1954, she married Merland R. Hovey and they farmed in rural Lime Springs. She was a member of the Saetersdal Lutheran Church. Survivors include her husband; a son, David (Linda Gesell) of Lime Springs; three daughters, Linda (Lou) Ortiz of Woodbury, Minn., Pam (Craig) Mensink of rural Preston and Carol (Jeff) Dadd of Burnsville, Minn.; and five grandchildren. Two sisters and a brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Lucille Mae Hovey was November 4, 2003 at Saetersdal Lutheran Church in rural Lime Springs. Burial was in the church cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.