"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:27:18, Jun 3rd 2015 - SV80 - To ha: I'm not sure I get your point. You say "your first sentence is Wentwor ... [Read More]
- 10:22:08, Jun 3rd 2015 - ha - "Wentworth. Doesn't seem sporting to engage someone who can't spell 3rd grade wo ... [Read More]
- 2:36:11, Jun 2nd 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Trying to see the point of Yvonne's letter. A law was passed regarding fri ... [Read More]
- 9:52:43, Jun 1st 2015 - SV80 - Wentworth. Doesn't seem sporting to engage someone who can't spell 3rd grade ... [Read More]
- 3:40:30, Jun 1st 2015 - email@example.com - Congratulations Girls! You all did a super job. What a wonderful ... [Read More]
- 2:46:35, Jun 1st 2015 - sbearbow - Babe (Mom to the Twins), really needs your help. She has injured her groin ... [Read More]
- 2:34:00, Jun 1st 2015 - doc - @ doc and sv80- why don't you two go get a room some where We can just do it ... [Read More]
- 2:12:48, Jun 1st 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80- the news of the your global warming FARCE is on to some degree ... [Read More]
- 1:59:15, Jun 1st 2015 - lol - 2nd place is the first lossers. Then the girls go home and cry. Lol. Most of you ... [Read More]
- 1:55:05, Jun 1st 2015 - wow - So, you people are funny. Do u remember in history class about the glaciers that ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Janice V. Frederickson, 70, of Spring Grove, died October 30, 2003 at Green Lea Manor in Mabel following a five-year illness with cancer.
Janice V. Hadenfeldt was born Dec. 6, 1932, in Newell, Iowa, and graduated from Storm Lake, Iowa, High School in 1950. She attended Buena Vista College in Storm Lake and graduated from South Dakota State College in Brookings with a degree in home economics and dietetics. On Aug. 8, 1954, she married Dennis Frederickson in Storm Lake. During her early married years, she was a dietitian at St. Olaf Hospital in Austin and at Grand Meadow and Harmony nursing homes. While living in Mower County, she was instrumental in starting the first county home health aide service in the state. She was a Minnesota state master gardener for 21 years, a member of several garden clubs, served as secretary and president of the Minnesota State Horticulture society, and served on its board for several years. Mrs. Frederickson was a member of Calvary Evangelical Free Church in Spring Grove, where she was involved in women’s ministries, served on flower and decorating committees and helped with Christmas and Easter programs. A registered Girl Scout for 51 years, she was field director and adult education director at Girl Scout Council of River Trails in Rochester and served on the board of directors of the River Trails and Peace Pipe Girl Scout councils. She also had been summer day camp director at Whispering Hills, Edith Mayo and in Olivia, and more recently volunteered on the Girl Scouts Memorabilia Committee Survivors include her husband; two sons, Scott (Lita) of Mabel and Gary (Kristin) of Winona; a daughter, Denise Bulman of La Crescent, Minn.; seven grandchildren; and a brother, Vance (Adah) Hadenfeldt of Storm Lake. A grandson preceded her in death. The funeral for Janice V. Frederickson was November 3, 2003 at Calvary Evangelical Church in Spring Grove, with the Revs. Ray Caldwell and Gordon Larson co-officiating. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.