"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:04:17, Oct 1st 2014 - linda hovland - As Andy Prinsen knows, I research and I go to meetings to get all the ... [Read More]
- 7:44:37, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 6:50:00, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Janice V. Frederickson, 70, of Spring Grove, died October 30, 2003 at Green Lea Manor in Mabel following a five-year illness with cancer.
Janice V. Hadenfeldt was born Dec. 6, 1932, in Newell, Iowa, and graduated from Storm Lake, Iowa, High School in 1950. She attended Buena Vista College in Storm Lake and graduated from South Dakota State College in Brookings with a degree in home economics and dietetics. On Aug. 8, 1954, she married Dennis Frederickson in Storm Lake. During her early married years, she was a dietitian at St. Olaf Hospital in Austin and at Grand Meadow and Harmony nursing homes. While living in Mower County, she was instrumental in starting the first county home health aide service in the state. She was a Minnesota state master gardener for 21 years, a member of several garden clubs, served as secretary and president of the Minnesota State Horticulture society, and served on its board for several years. Mrs. Frederickson was a member of Calvary Evangelical Free Church in Spring Grove, where she was involved in women’s ministries, served on flower and decorating committees and helped with Christmas and Easter programs. A registered Girl Scout for 51 years, she was field director and adult education director at Girl Scout Council of River Trails in Rochester and served on the board of directors of the River Trails and Peace Pipe Girl Scout councils. She also had been summer day camp director at Whispering Hills, Edith Mayo and in Olivia, and more recently volunteered on the Girl Scouts Memorabilia Committee Survivors include her husband; two sons, Scott (Lita) of Mabel and Gary (Kristin) of Winona; a daughter, Denise Bulman of La Crescent, Minn.; seven grandchildren; and a brother, Vance (Adah) Hadenfeldt of Storm Lake. A grandson preceded her in death. The funeral for Janice V. Frederickson was November 3, 2003 at Calvary Evangelical Church in Spring Grove, with the Revs. Ray Caldwell and Gordon Larson co-officiating. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.