"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Janice V. Frederickson, 70, of Spring Grove, died October 30, 2003 at Green Lea Manor in Mabel following a five-year illness with cancer.
Janice V. Hadenfeldt was born Dec. 6, 1932, in Newell, Iowa, and graduated from Storm Lake, Iowa, High School in 1950. She attended Buena Vista College in Storm Lake and graduated from South Dakota State College in Brookings with a degree in home economics and dietetics. On Aug. 8, 1954, she married Dennis Frederickson in Storm Lake. During her early married years, she was a dietitian at St. Olaf Hospital in Austin and at Grand Meadow and Harmony nursing homes. While living in Mower County, she was instrumental in starting the first county home health aide service in the state. She was a Minnesota state master gardener for 21 years, a member of several garden clubs, served as secretary and president of the Minnesota State Horticulture society, and served on its board for several years. Mrs. Frederickson was a member of Calvary Evangelical Free Church in Spring Grove, where she was involved in women’s ministries, served on flower and decorating committees and helped with Christmas and Easter programs. A registered Girl Scout for 51 years, she was field director and adult education director at Girl Scout Council of River Trails in Rochester and served on the board of directors of the River Trails and Peace Pipe Girl Scout councils. She also had been summer day camp director at Whispering Hills, Edith Mayo and in Olivia, and more recently volunteered on the Girl Scouts Memorabilia Committee Survivors include her husband; two sons, Scott (Lita) of Mabel and Gary (Kristin) of Winona; a daughter, Denise Bulman of La Crescent, Minn.; seven grandchildren; and a brother, Vance (Adah) Hadenfeldt of Storm Lake. A grandson preceded her in death. The funeral for Janice V. Frederickson was November 3, 2003 at Calvary Evangelical Church in Spring Grove, with the Revs. Ray Caldwell and Gordon Larson co-officiating. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.