"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, July 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Janice V. Frederickson, 70, of Spring Grove, died October 30, 2003 at Green Lea Manor in Mabel following a five-year illness with cancer.
Janice V. Hadenfeldt was born Dec. 6, 1932, in Newell, Iowa, and graduated from Storm Lake, Iowa, High School in 1950. She attended Buena Vista College in Storm Lake and graduated from South Dakota State College in Brookings with a degree in home economics and dietetics. On Aug. 8, 1954, she married Dennis Frederickson in Storm Lake. During her early married years, she was a dietitian at St. Olaf Hospital in Austin and at Grand Meadow and Harmony nursing homes. While living in Mower County, she was instrumental in starting the first county home health aide service in the state. She was a Minnesota state master gardener for 21 years, a member of several garden clubs, served as secretary and president of the Minnesota State Horticulture society, and served on its board for several years. Mrs. Frederickson was a member of Calvary Evangelical Free Church in Spring Grove, where she was involved in women’s ministries, served on flower and decorating committees and helped with Christmas and Easter programs. A registered Girl Scout for 51 years, she was field director and adult education director at Girl Scout Council of River Trails in Rochester and served on the board of directors of the River Trails and Peace Pipe Girl Scout councils. She also had been summer day camp director at Whispering Hills, Edith Mayo and in Olivia, and more recently volunteered on the Girl Scouts Memorabilia Committee Survivors include her husband; two sons, Scott (Lita) of Mabel and Gary (Kristin) of Winona; a daughter, Denise Bulman of La Crescent, Minn.; seven grandchildren; and a brother, Vance (Adah) Hadenfeldt of Storm Lake. A grandson preceded her in death. The funeral for Janice V. Frederickson was November 3, 2003 at Calvary Evangelical Church in Spring Grove, with the Revs. Ray Caldwell and Gordon Larson co-officiating. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.