"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Fillmore County District Court Bench warrant issued for Lanesboro man, attorney files motion for mistrial
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
A bench warrant was issued by Judge Robert Benson on November 3 for the arrest of Ryan Lee Peterson, 21, of Lanesboro, after Peterson failed to appear for sentencing. Peterson was convicted by a jury on October 2 of three felony counts of Assault in the Second Degree, making Terroristic Threats and False Imprisonment related to an incident on May 25, 2003 involving Peterson and an ex-girlfriend. Following his conviction, Peterson was released awaiting sentencing.
On October 13, Peterson’s public defender, Fred Suhler, Jr. of Rochester, filed a motion with the court for a mistrial in the case, contending that there was prosecutorial misconduct by Fillmore County Attorney Pat Oman. In the motion, Suhler stated that Oman elicited evidence about the defendant’s prior bad acts which influenced the jury. Suhler said that the verdicts were not justified by the evidence. Felony Charges •Sean Michael Emmons, 20, Winona, was charged with felony theft of a motor vehicle, receiving stolen property and 4th degree driving while impaired, stemming from an incident on October 4. According to court documents, Emmons was involved in a single car roll over in Sumner Township, six miles north of Spring Valley. It was determined that the vehicle Emmons was driving did not belong to him. It was further determined that Emmons used the vehicle without the owners permission. Emmons was released on his own recognizance with conditions. Other Trevor Lee Morten, 30, of Spring Valley, appeared in court on Monday, November 3, for continuance of a Rule 5 hearing. Morten is charged with second degree manslaughter in the shooting death of Timothy Loeding on August 29 in Spring Valley Township. Morten is also charged with two felony counts of Discharge of a Firearm and Felon in Possession of a Firearm. Judge Robert Benson set an Omnibus hearing for December 8. Morten’s attorney, Chris Ritts, told the court that his client waived his right to a speedy trial and that “they are holding discussions” with the county attorney’s office. Ritts said that he wasn’t sure whether he would file any motions to suppress evidence as he had yet to see the second of two search warrants. Morten is out on $100,000 bail.