"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Wendt, 87, of Preston, a former nurse and farm homemaker, died November 8, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare in Harmony.
Dorothy Sanden was born Dec. 10, 1915, near Harmony to Glenn and Selma (Sanden) Finney. She grew up in the area, attended Wilton Center School and graduated from Harmony High School. On June 2, 1934, she married Reuben Wendt in Lanesboro. They farmed near Preston from 1943 until Mr. Wendt’s death on Jan. 11, 1998. She was a former member of First Baptist Church in Preston and Faith Church in Rochester. Survivors include three sons, John (Ruth) of Fountain, Richard (Diane) of Rochester and Steven of Preston; two daughters, Susan (Burhan) Turk of Wichita Falls, Texas, and Linda (Douglas) Wilson of Lodi, Wis.; 14 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Joe Dodge Jr. of Washington; and four sisters, Nancy Mead, Doris Carruthers, Marilyn Batura and Nora Batura, all of Washington. A son and a granddaughter preceded her in death. The funeral for Dorothy Wendt was November 11, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with the Rev. Jack Smith of the Chatfield United Methodist Church officiating. Burial was in Big Spring Cemetery in rural Harmony. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.