"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, November 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Wendt, 87, of Preston, a former nurse and farm homemaker, died November 8, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare in Harmony.
Dorothy Sanden was born Dec. 10, 1915, near Harmony to Glenn and Selma (Sanden) Finney. She grew up in the area, attended Wilton Center School and graduated from Harmony High School. On June 2, 1934, she married Reuben Wendt in Lanesboro. They farmed near Preston from 1943 until Mr. Wendt’s death on Jan. 11, 1998. She was a former member of First Baptist Church in Preston and Faith Church in Rochester. Survivors include three sons, John (Ruth) of Fountain, Richard (Diane) of Rochester and Steven of Preston; two daughters, Susan (Burhan) Turk of Wichita Falls, Texas, and Linda (Douglas) Wilson of Lodi, Wis.; 14 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Joe Dodge Jr. of Washington; and four sisters, Nancy Mead, Doris Carruthers, Marilyn Batura and Nora Batura, all of Washington. A son and a granddaughter preceded her in death. The funeral for Dorothy Wendt was November 11, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with the Rev. Jack Smith of the Chatfield United Methodist Church officiating. Burial was in Big Spring Cemetery in rural Harmony. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.