"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Wendt, 87, of Preston, a former nurse and farm homemaker, died November 8, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare in Harmony.
Dorothy Sanden was born Dec. 10, 1915, near Harmony to Glenn and Selma (Sanden) Finney. She grew up in the area, attended Wilton Center School and graduated from Harmony High School. On June 2, 1934, she married Reuben Wendt in Lanesboro. They farmed near Preston from 1943 until Mr. Wendt’s death on Jan. 11, 1998. She was a former member of First Baptist Church in Preston and Faith Church in Rochester. Survivors include three sons, John (Ruth) of Fountain, Richard (Diane) of Rochester and Steven of Preston; two daughters, Susan (Burhan) Turk of Wichita Falls, Texas, and Linda (Douglas) Wilson of Lodi, Wis.; 14 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Joe Dodge Jr. of Washington; and four sisters, Nancy Mead, Doris Carruthers, Marilyn Batura and Nora Batura, all of Washington. A son and a granddaughter preceded her in death. The funeral for Dorothy Wendt was November 11, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with the Rev. Jack Smith of the Chatfield United Methodist Church officiating. Burial was in Big Spring Cemetery in rural Harmony. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.