"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
- 6:25:24, Jan 26th 2015 - neighbor - Who do u think you are...fountain farmer....seen your other posts you seem ... [Read More]
- 6:23:31, Jan 26th 2015 - whatever - Fountain farmer because the cops don't care. And want to show how disrespe ... [Read More]
- 1:46:02, Jan 25th 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever and neighbor, what do you think you're trying to accomplish ... [Read More]
- 1:45:40, Jan 24th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - Or MAYBE people should accept the fact that you can't always win ... [Read More]
- 11:30:37, Jan 24th 2015 - neighbor - Fountainfarmer....residents of this street have taken it to the city coun ... [Read More]
- 2:04:25, Jan 23rd 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever seems like the type of person who will rant and rave on new ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Wendt, 87, of Preston, a former nurse and farm homemaker, died November 8, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare in Harmony.
Dorothy Sanden was born Dec. 10, 1915, near Harmony to Glenn and Selma (Sanden) Finney. She grew up in the area, attended Wilton Center School and graduated from Harmony High School. On June 2, 1934, she married Reuben Wendt in Lanesboro. They farmed near Preston from 1943 until Mr. Wendt’s death on Jan. 11, 1998. She was a former member of First Baptist Church in Preston and Faith Church in Rochester. Survivors include three sons, John (Ruth) of Fountain, Richard (Diane) of Rochester and Steven of Preston; two daughters, Susan (Burhan) Turk of Wichita Falls, Texas, and Linda (Douglas) Wilson of Lodi, Wis.; 14 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Joe Dodge Jr. of Washington; and four sisters, Nancy Mead, Doris Carruthers, Marilyn Batura and Nora Batura, all of Washington. A son and a granddaughter preceded her in death. The funeral for Dorothy Wendt was November 11, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with the Rev. Jack Smith of the Chatfield United Methodist Church officiating. Burial was in Big Spring Cemetery in rural Harmony. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.