"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:41:24, May 29th 2015 - SV80 - Mr. Wentworth: You said, "the global warming wackos are jumping off the bandw ... [Read More]
- 7:18:59, May 29th 2015 - - June 1st 2015 hasn't happened yet. ... [Read More]
- 10:19:36, May 29th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80 and doc- I stand by what I posted earlier and reasons I gave. ... [Read More]
- 7:01:26, May 29th 2015 - doc - SV80, very good analogy comparing the cancer diagnosis to global warming. I th ... [Read More]
- 6:51:24, May 29th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Redhorsie51....you must be another one that paid no attention whil ... [Read More]
- 6:09:48, May 29th 2015 - hum - Kingslandgrad, and livinthedream always have stupid posts. Kingslandgrad doesn' ... [Read More]
- 10:10:17, May 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - EXCUSE ME............... BUSH IS AT FAULT? AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE THAT ... [Read More]
- 9:06:07, May 28th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Funny how people that actually left Harmony still expect everythin ... [Read More]
- 7:57:41, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - expat, The housing incentives that Harmony offers is nothing ne ... [Read More]
- 7:48:14, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - Play Nice, just ignore Col. Gudmundson. He has an opinion about ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Wendt, 87, of Preston, a former nurse and farm homemaker, died November 8, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare in Harmony.
Dorothy Sanden was born Dec. 10, 1915, near Harmony to Glenn and Selma (Sanden) Finney. She grew up in the area, attended Wilton Center School and graduated from Harmony High School. On June 2, 1934, she married Reuben Wendt in Lanesboro. They farmed near Preston from 1943 until Mr. Wendt’s death on Jan. 11, 1998. She was a former member of First Baptist Church in Preston and Faith Church in Rochester. Survivors include three sons, John (Ruth) of Fountain, Richard (Diane) of Rochester and Steven of Preston; two daughters, Susan (Burhan) Turk of Wichita Falls, Texas, and Linda (Douglas) Wilson of Lodi, Wis.; 14 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Joe Dodge Jr. of Washington; and four sisters, Nancy Mead, Doris Carruthers, Marilyn Batura and Nora Batura, all of Washington. A son and a granddaughter preceded her in death. The funeral for Dorothy Wendt was November 11, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with the Rev. Jack Smith of the Chatfield United Methodist Church officiating. Burial was in Big Spring Cemetery in rural Harmony. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.