"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Harold E. Tienter, 82, of Preston, a retired insurance salesman, died November 5, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Born Aug. 19, 1921, in Carimona Township, Fillmore County, he attended school at North Windy Ridge in rural Preston and then was a farm laborer. In 1942 he married Virginia Bammert in Preston. She died Feb. 22, 2000. In 1942 he joining the Army, served as a medical corpsman in the European theater and was discharged in 1945. Mr. Tienter was a feed salesman for RCC and then an insurance salesman from 1975 until retiring in 1986. He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and the Preston VFW. Survivors include a son, David (Anne) of Port St. Lucie, Fla.; three daughters, Virginia Wyatt of Mitchell, S.D., Peggy (Dennis) Brusse of Preston and Christine (John) Heruth of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and three brothers, Gordon (Jean) of Chatfield, Leland (Carolyn) of Preston and Kenneth of Crystal, Minn. Two brothers and four sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Harold E. Tienter was November 8, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. Jennifer Graf and John Heruth co-officiating. Burial was in Greenwood Cemetery in Preston with full military rites by the Preston VFW and American Legion posts. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.