"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, January 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:13:41, Jan 31st 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Neighbor......ever think the cop may have been on another call, and h ... [Read More]
- 9:27:51, Jan 31st 2015 - olcrammy - wow! i wanna be just like him! ... [Read More]
- 8:42:55, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Fountain farmer. We have tried everything! What r we to do! U know they st ... [Read More]
- 9:42:36, Jan 30th 2015 - FountainFarmer - neighbor, in your mind my comments might make me appear I want to st ... [Read More]
- 5:17:15, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Harmony rocks.....had to call the cops 3 times before they came! So there ... [Read More]
- 5:15:25, Jan 30th 2015 - whatever - Agree who do these parents think they are. They just look like fools! I th ... [Read More]
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
- 6:33:07, Jan 28th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - I don't think that they lack good sportsmanship at FC, I just th ... [Read More]
Do you support the Presidents proposal for the first two years of community college to be completely free?
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Harold E. Tienter, 82, of Preston, a retired insurance salesman, died November 5, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Born Aug. 19, 1921, in Carimona Township, Fillmore County, he attended school at North Windy Ridge in rural Preston and then was a farm laborer. In 1942 he married Virginia Bammert in Preston. She died Feb. 22, 2000. In 1942 he joining the Army, served as a medical corpsman in the European theater and was discharged in 1945. Mr. Tienter was a feed salesman for RCC and then an insurance salesman from 1975 until retiring in 1986. He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and the Preston VFW. Survivors include a son, David (Anne) of Port St. Lucie, Fla.; three daughters, Virginia Wyatt of Mitchell, S.D., Peggy (Dennis) Brusse of Preston and Christine (John) Heruth of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and three brothers, Gordon (Jean) of Chatfield, Leland (Carolyn) of Preston and Kenneth of Crystal, Minn. Two brothers and four sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Harold E. Tienter was November 8, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. Jennifer Graf and John Heruth co-officiating. Burial was in Greenwood Cemetery in Preston with full military rites by the Preston VFW and American Legion posts. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.