"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Harold E. Tienter, 82, of Preston, a retired insurance salesman, died November 5, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Born Aug. 19, 1921, in Carimona Township, Fillmore County, he attended school at North Windy Ridge in rural Preston and then was a farm laborer. In 1942 he married Virginia Bammert in Preston. She died Feb. 22, 2000. In 1942 he joining the Army, served as a medical corpsman in the European theater and was discharged in 1945. Mr. Tienter was a feed salesman for RCC and then an insurance salesman from 1975 until retiring in 1986. He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and the Preston VFW. Survivors include a son, David (Anne) of Port St. Lucie, Fla.; three daughters, Virginia Wyatt of Mitchell, S.D., Peggy (Dennis) Brusse of Preston and Christine (John) Heruth of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and three brothers, Gordon (Jean) of Chatfield, Leland (Carolyn) of Preston and Kenneth of Crystal, Minn. Two brothers and four sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Harold E. Tienter was November 8, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. Jennifer Graf and John Heruth co-officiating. Burial was in Greenwood Cemetery in Preston with full military rites by the Preston VFW and American Legion posts. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.