"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, April 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:13:19, Apr 27th 2015 - middle ground - Do you "enlightened' people who say the science is settled know that ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Apr 27th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - at doc- NEWS FLASH, Al Gore just stated the reason for the drought In ... [Read More]
- 5:45:13, Apr 26th 2015 - LOLZ - Do the corporations disclose the list of chemicals used in fracking? I didn't ... [Read More]
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Harold E. Tienter, 82, of Preston, a retired insurance salesman, died November 5, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Born Aug. 19, 1921, in Carimona Township, Fillmore County, he attended school at North Windy Ridge in rural Preston and then was a farm laborer. In 1942 he married Virginia Bammert in Preston. She died Feb. 22, 2000. In 1942 he joining the Army, served as a medical corpsman in the European theater and was discharged in 1945. Mr. Tienter was a feed salesman for RCC and then an insurance salesman from 1975 until retiring in 1986. He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and the Preston VFW. Survivors include a son, David (Anne) of Port St. Lucie, Fla.; three daughters, Virginia Wyatt of Mitchell, S.D., Peggy (Dennis) Brusse of Preston and Christine (John) Heruth of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and three brothers, Gordon (Jean) of Chatfield, Leland (Carolyn) of Preston and Kenneth of Crystal, Minn. Two brothers and four sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Harold E. Tienter was November 8, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. Jennifer Graf and John Heruth co-officiating. Burial was in Greenwood Cemetery in Preston with full military rites by the Preston VFW and American Legion posts. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.