"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:18:31, Jul 22nd 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I am amazed at your seeming inability (or refusal) to distinguis ... [Read More]
- 9:40:07, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Susan Coleman, Danny Cassoloro, John Wilson, Gandy Baugh, Calvin Wa ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Jul 21st 2016 - Herb - Jason, I feel your pain and disgust. I do this on a regular basis on a highwa ... [Read More]
- 7:26:36, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I can't tell you how disppointed I am in your response. In your f ... [Read More]
- 4:06:21, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Thank you for you response. I do use email at work that contains se ... [Read More]
- 3:50:03, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @ Seriously This is only a guess, but I'm assuming Mr. Panko would say "yes" ... [Read More]
- 3:48:22, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @ Seriously This is only a guess, but I'm assuming Mr. Panko would say "yes" ... [Read More]
- 3:34:34, Jul 21st 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth As usual your post contains only babble with no facts and no p ... [Read More]
- 3:19:02, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @leftluvr and former left winger Before you weigh in on commentaries like th ... [Read More]
- 3:12:00, Jul 21st 2016 - seriously? - @herb, If you are correct and unbiased that would mean if Condoleezza Ri ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Harold E. Tienter, 82, of Preston, a retired insurance salesman, died November 5, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Born Aug. 19, 1921, in Carimona Township, Fillmore County, he attended school at North Windy Ridge in rural Preston and then was a farm laborer. In 1942 he married Virginia Bammert in Preston. She died Feb. 22, 2000. In 1942 he joining the Army, served as a medical corpsman in the European theater and was discharged in 1945. Mr. Tienter was a feed salesman for RCC and then an insurance salesman from 1975 until retiring in 1986. He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and the Preston VFW. Survivors include a son, David (Anne) of Port St. Lucie, Fla.; three daughters, Virginia Wyatt of Mitchell, S.D., Peggy (Dennis) Brusse of Preston and Christine (John) Heruth of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and three brothers, Gordon (Jean) of Chatfield, Leland (Carolyn) of Preston and Kenneth of Crystal, Minn. Two brothers and four sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Harold E. Tienter was November 8, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. Jennifer Graf and John Heruth co-officiating. Burial was in Greenwood Cemetery in Preston with full military rites by the Preston VFW and American Legion posts. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.