"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melbourne Curtis Storlie, 73, of rural Mabel, a lifelong resident of the Spring Grove-Mabel area, died November 10, 2003 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home In Mabel.
He was born May 27, 1930, in Spring Grove. He attended Spring Grove Public School and two years of agricultural school. From 1952 to 1954, he served in the Army. After his discharge, he began farming with his brother and continued to farm after his death in 1972. On May 11, 1957, he married Kathleen Skifton at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Caledonia. Mr. Storlie was a lifelong member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, served on various church boards and was a member of the Mabel American Legion post. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Vicky (Tom) Fitzpatrick of Caledonia, Julie (Brian) Johnson of Mabel and Melanie (Jeff) Kath of Preston; seven grandchildren; and two sisters, Beverly (Dave) Thompson of Minisee, Calif., and Janice (Gerald) Tjepkes of Racine. A brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Melbourne Curtis Storlie was November 13, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, with the Rev. Zane Anderson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military rites by American Legion Post 299 of Mabel. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.