"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melbourne Curtis Storlie, 73, of rural Mabel, a lifelong resident of the Spring Grove-Mabel area, died November 10, 2003 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home In Mabel.
He was born May 27, 1930, in Spring Grove. He attended Spring Grove Public School and two years of agricultural school. From 1952 to 1954, he served in the Army. After his discharge, he began farming with his brother and continued to farm after his death in 1972. On May 11, 1957, he married Kathleen Skifton at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Caledonia. Mr. Storlie was a lifelong member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, served on various church boards and was a member of the Mabel American Legion post. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Vicky (Tom) Fitzpatrick of Caledonia, Julie (Brian) Johnson of Mabel and Melanie (Jeff) Kath of Preston; seven grandchildren; and two sisters, Beverly (Dave) Thompson of Minisee, Calif., and Janice (Gerald) Tjepkes of Racine. A brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Melbourne Curtis Storlie was November 13, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, with the Rev. Zane Anderson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military rites by American Legion Post 299 of Mabel. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.