"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melbourne Curtis Storlie, 73, of rural Mabel, a lifelong resident of the Spring Grove-Mabel area, died November 10, 2003 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home In Mabel.
He was born May 27, 1930, in Spring Grove. He attended Spring Grove Public School and two years of agricultural school. From 1952 to 1954, he served in the Army. After his discharge, he began farming with his brother and continued to farm after his death in 1972. On May 11, 1957, he married Kathleen Skifton at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Caledonia. Mr. Storlie was a lifelong member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, served on various church boards and was a member of the Mabel American Legion post. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Vicky (Tom) Fitzpatrick of Caledonia, Julie (Brian) Johnson of Mabel and Melanie (Jeff) Kath of Preston; seven grandchildren; and two sisters, Beverly (Dave) Thompson of Minisee, Calif., and Janice (Gerald) Tjepkes of Racine. A brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Melbourne Curtis Storlie was November 13, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, with the Rev. Zane Anderson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military rites by American Legion Post 299 of Mabel. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.