"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, January 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:17:15, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Harmony rocks.....had to call the cops 3 times before they came! So there ... [Read More]
- 5:15:25, Jan 30th 2015 - whatever - Agree who do these parents think they are. They just look like fools! I th ... [Read More]
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
- 6:33:07, Jan 28th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - I don't think that they lack good sportsmanship at FC, I just th ... [Read More]
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melbourne Curtis Storlie, 73, of rural Mabel, a lifelong resident of the Spring Grove-Mabel area, died November 10, 2003 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home In Mabel.
He was born May 27, 1930, in Spring Grove. He attended Spring Grove Public School and two years of agricultural school. From 1952 to 1954, he served in the Army. After his discharge, he began farming with his brother and continued to farm after his death in 1972. On May 11, 1957, he married Kathleen Skifton at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Caledonia. Mr. Storlie was a lifelong member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, served on various church boards and was a member of the Mabel American Legion post. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Vicky (Tom) Fitzpatrick of Caledonia, Julie (Brian) Johnson of Mabel and Melanie (Jeff) Kath of Preston; seven grandchildren; and two sisters, Beverly (Dave) Thompson of Minisee, Calif., and Janice (Gerald) Tjepkes of Racine. A brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Melbourne Curtis Storlie was November 13, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, with the Rev. Zane Anderson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military rites by American Legion Post 299 of Mabel. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.