"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 23rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:56:30, May 22nd 2015 - Shame on you - "A gun is an instrument of death. It is designed for one purpose, to k ... [Read More]
- 1:35:20, May 22nd 2015 - Michael - As a Navy veteran I salute Ron Scheevel for his service and sacrifice in Vi ... [Read More]
- 12:48:16, May 22nd 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of points in response. the NRA has had a long history in gu ... [Read More]
- 11:57:35, May 22nd 2015 - RogerClegg - Re felon voting: Glad this bill failed. If you arenâ€™t willing to fo ... [Read More]
- 12:15:00, May 20th 2015 - Shorty - Makes me feel pretty old when I read about people I knew. I would like to ... [Read More]
- 11:34:36, May 20th 2015 - SV80 - To Future: I can empathize with your regarding Hawkeye63. He exhibits all t ... [Read More]
- 12:49:06, May 19th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 My entire argument has been based on legal civil rights argument ... [Read More]
- 7:22:50, May 19th 2015 - hawkeye63 - There you have it fellow citizens, I sure hope America is paying attentio ... [Read More]
- 6:06:44, May 18th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Thank you for a great read. Like an addicting mini-series, I could not ... [Read More]
- 7:26:03, May 17th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 I'm going to address your post per sentence to make it clearer ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Eldred Rockvam, 85, of Chatfield, died November 6, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center.
Mr. Rockvam was born Feb. 28, 1918, in rural Chatfield. He married Edna Sample on March 14, 1967, in Rochester. She preceded him in death. He served in the Army in 1946 and 1947. He attended Dunwoody Automotive School in Minneapolis and then owned Rocky’s Auto Service in Chatfield. He lived in Chatfield until retiring in 1991, when he moved to Rochester. He then lived at Sunrise Cottages for five years until moving back to Chatfield to live at Chosen Valley Care Center. He was a member of Church of Christ in Rochester. Survivors include a daughter, Jean (Rodney) Higgins of Rochester; a grandchild; two brothers, Norman (Louise) of Rochester and Donald (Ruth) of Webster, Wis.; and a sister, Lois (Paul) Gardner of Rochester. The funeral for Eldred “Rocky” Rockvam was November 9, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Kevin Raynor officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home of Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.