"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, June 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
- 4:57:51, Jun 25th 2015 - james1952 - It seems to me that most of the folks that have made comments on the lett ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Eldred Rockvam, 85, of Chatfield, died November 6, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center.
Mr. Rockvam was born Feb. 28, 1918, in rural Chatfield. He married Edna Sample on March 14, 1967, in Rochester. She preceded him in death. He served in the Army in 1946 and 1947. He attended Dunwoody Automotive School in Minneapolis and then owned Rocky’s Auto Service in Chatfield. He lived in Chatfield until retiring in 1991, when he moved to Rochester. He then lived at Sunrise Cottages for five years until moving back to Chatfield to live at Chosen Valley Care Center. He was a member of Church of Christ in Rochester. Survivors include a daughter, Jean (Rodney) Higgins of Rochester; a grandchild; two brothers, Norman (Louise) of Rochester and Donald (Ruth) of Webster, Wis.; and a sister, Lois (Paul) Gardner of Rochester. The funeral for Eldred “Rocky” Rockvam was November 9, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Kevin Raynor officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home of Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.