"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:04:17, Oct 1st 2014 - linda hovland - As Andy Prinsen knows, I research and I go to meetings to get all the ... [Read More]
- 7:44:37, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 6:50:00, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Millicent Velma Johnson, 89, of Harmony, died November 3, 2003 at her home.
Millicent Velma Yates was born Dec. 26, 1913, in Canton, the daughter of Albert and Edith Yates. She graduated from Harmony High School in 1931. In high school, she played on the girls basketball team and was a member of the band. She attended Winona Teachers College for two years and then taught at Rockne School in the Harmony area from 1933 to 1935. In 1936, she attended Twin City Business College. She was a private secretary for the Minneapolis Nurses Association from 1936 to 1938. On July 10, 1938, she married Howard R. Johnson in Harmony. The couple owned Our Own Hardware in Harmony for 35 years, retiring in 1971. They were members of the Harmony Golf Course since the 1930s. Mr. Johnson died in 1985. Mrs. Johnson was a member of Harmony United Methodist Church and was a Sunday school teacher. She also was a member of Photozetean Book Club and the American Legion Auxiliary and was active in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, serving as a Cub Scout den mother for many years. Most recently, she participated in “Let’s Have Harmony,” the centennial history of Harmony. Survivors include two sons, Ron of Mankato, Minn., and Bruce (Jean) of Cottage Grove, Minn.; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. One sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Millicent Velma Johnson was November 7, 2003 at Harmony United Methodist Church, with the Rev. David F. Laechel officiating. Burial was in State Line Cemetery in rural Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.