"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:45:55, May 30th 2015 - doc - SV80, you use your tongue prettier than a $1500 prostitute. Seriously, you must ... [Read More]
- 9:41:24, May 29th 2015 - SV80 - Mr. Wentworth: You said, "the global warming wackos are jumping off the bandw ... [Read More]
- 7:18:59, May 29th 2015 - - June 1st 2015 hasn't happened yet. ... [Read More]
- 10:19:36, May 29th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80 and doc- I stand by what I posted earlier and reasons I gave. ... [Read More]
- 7:01:26, May 29th 2015 - doc - SV80, very good analogy comparing the cancer diagnosis to global warming. I th ... [Read More]
- 6:51:24, May 29th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Redhorsie51....you must be another one that paid no attention whil ... [Read More]
- 6:09:48, May 29th 2015 - hum - Kingslandgrad, and livinthedream always have stupid posts. Kingslandgrad doesn' ... [Read More]
- 10:10:17, May 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - EXCUSE ME............... BUSH IS AT FAULT? AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE THAT ... [Read More]
- 9:06:07, May 28th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Funny how people that actually left Harmony still expect everythin ... [Read More]
- 7:57:41, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - expat, The housing incentives that Harmony offers is nothing ne ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Irene M. Ostgard, 90, of Spring Valley, died November 10, 2003 at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester.
Irene Buchanan was born Jan. 11, 1913, in Webster, S.D., graduated from Austin High School in 1929, and after attending normal school, taught country school near Oakland, Minn. She married LuVerne Dickerson, and they were later divorced. On Dec. 29, 1951, she married James Ostgard in Mason City, Iowa, and they made their home in Spring Valley. Mr. Ostgard died May 23, 1993. She was a member of St. Ignatius Catholic Church and a former member of Spring Valley High School Band Boosters. She taught Sunday school at the former Congregational Church in Spring Valley. Survivors include two sons, Blaise (JoAnn) Dickerson of Yucca Valley, Calif., and James Ostgard II of Minneapolis; two daughters, Joanne (Oswald) Heinrich of Santa Barbara, Calif., and Star Ostgard of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; four brothers, Duane (Violet) Buchanan of Oakland, Minn., Wood “Bud” Buchanan of Iowa, and John “Jack” (Jeanette) Buchanan and Neil (Marcella) Buchanan, both of Arkansas; and a sister, Bonnie (Warren) Lenz of Rochester. Two sons, five brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. A funeral Mass for Irene M. Dickerson Ostgard was November 13, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Gregory Leif officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.