"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
- 6:22:03, Jul 22nd 2015 - Let's see - And the big piles they make in middle of roads that u have to drive up an ... [Read More]
- 10:55:05, Jul 21st 2015 - BareMinimum - Maybe now side streets can get plowed! Sick of the terrible condition ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Irene M. Ostgard, 90, of Spring Valley, died November 10, 2003 at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester.
Irene Buchanan was born Jan. 11, 1913, in Webster, S.D., graduated from Austin High School in 1929, and after attending normal school, taught country school near Oakland, Minn. She married LuVerne Dickerson, and they were later divorced. On Dec. 29, 1951, she married James Ostgard in Mason City, Iowa, and they made their home in Spring Valley. Mr. Ostgard died May 23, 1993. She was a member of St. Ignatius Catholic Church and a former member of Spring Valley High School Band Boosters. She taught Sunday school at the former Congregational Church in Spring Valley. Survivors include two sons, Blaise (JoAnn) Dickerson of Yucca Valley, Calif., and James Ostgard II of Minneapolis; two daughters, Joanne (Oswald) Heinrich of Santa Barbara, Calif., and Star Ostgard of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; four brothers, Duane (Violet) Buchanan of Oakland, Minn., Wood “Bud” Buchanan of Iowa, and John “Jack” (Jeanette) Buchanan and Neil (Marcella) Buchanan, both of Arkansas; and a sister, Bonnie (Warren) Lenz of Rochester. Two sons, five brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. A funeral Mass for Irene M. Dickerson Ostgard was November 13, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Gregory Leif officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.