"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 5th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:27:45, Dec 4th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, nope. The American voters already provided our response when we v ... [Read More]
- 12:06:21, Dec 3rd 2016 - SV85 - Well, well, Hawkeye63 now seems to think he is a Biblical scholar---typical ri ... [Read More]
- 1:12:44, Dec 3rd 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Hawkeye63 I am curious if you would mind going through the list of c ... [Read More]
- 6:41:53, Dec 2nd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Condolences Herb. The Cretin and his deplorable supporters prevailed and y ... [Read More]
- 11:36:58, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr Swartzentruber, not to worry much about the rambings of SV85. No cred ... [Read More]
- 7:24:13, Nov 30th 2016 - kingslandGrad95 - Valerie, if the issuer of stock is still in business, then Yes, the ... [Read More]
- 6:18:02, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - What ? Back up the bus. America is a beacon of freedom in the world. As a ... [Read More]
- 11:00:19, Nov 29th 2016 - valeriejbf - I looking thro some old papers and found a certificate for 1 share of c ... [Read More]
- 6:13:52, Nov 29th 2016 - Kyle - Great post! I took some piano lessons when I was young, and always wanted to ... [Read More]
- 7:52:32, Nov 28th 2016 - Mario Bruneau - Jonathan made a wise decision to learn piano tuning as it is a field ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Irene M. Ostgard, 90, of Spring Valley, died November 10, 2003 at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester.
Irene Buchanan was born Jan. 11, 1913, in Webster, S.D., graduated from Austin High School in 1929, and after attending normal school, taught country school near Oakland, Minn. She married LuVerne Dickerson, and they were later divorced. On Dec. 29, 1951, she married James Ostgard in Mason City, Iowa, and they made their home in Spring Valley. Mr. Ostgard died May 23, 1993. She was a member of St. Ignatius Catholic Church and a former member of Spring Valley High School Band Boosters. She taught Sunday school at the former Congregational Church in Spring Valley. Survivors include two sons, Blaise (JoAnn) Dickerson of Yucca Valley, Calif., and James Ostgard II of Minneapolis; two daughters, Joanne (Oswald) Heinrich of Santa Barbara, Calif., and Star Ostgard of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; four brothers, Duane (Violet) Buchanan of Oakland, Minn., Wood “Bud” Buchanan of Iowa, and John “Jack” (Jeanette) Buchanan and Neil (Marcella) Buchanan, both of Arkansas; and a sister, Bonnie (Warren) Lenz of Rochester. Two sons, five brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. A funeral Mass for Irene M. Dickerson Ostgard was November 13, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Gregory Leif officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.