"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Irene M. Ostgard, 90, of Spring Valley, died November 10, 2003 at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester.
Irene Buchanan was born Jan. 11, 1913, in Webster, S.D., graduated from Austin High School in 1929, and after attending normal school, taught country school near Oakland, Minn. She married LuVerne Dickerson, and they were later divorced. On Dec. 29, 1951, she married James Ostgard in Mason City, Iowa, and they made their home in Spring Valley. Mr. Ostgard died May 23, 1993. She was a member of St. Ignatius Catholic Church and a former member of Spring Valley High School Band Boosters. She taught Sunday school at the former Congregational Church in Spring Valley. Survivors include two sons, Blaise (JoAnn) Dickerson of Yucca Valley, Calif., and James Ostgard II of Minneapolis; two daughters, Joanne (Oswald) Heinrich of Santa Barbara, Calif., and Star Ostgard of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; four brothers, Duane (Violet) Buchanan of Oakland, Minn., Wood “Bud” Buchanan of Iowa, and John “Jack” (Jeanette) Buchanan and Neil (Marcella) Buchanan, both of Arkansas; and a sister, Bonnie (Warren) Lenz of Rochester. Two sons, five brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. A funeral Mass for Irene M. Dickerson Ostgard was November 13, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Gregory Leif officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.