"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - email@example.com - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
- 2:39:36, Apr 20th 2015 - LOLZ - I do agree that "Just Say No" was about the lamest thing ever spoken by Frank ... [Read More]
- 12:12:47, Apr 20th 2015 - Sheriff Tom Kaase - Very well done! ... [Read More]
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Irene M. Ostgard, 90, of Spring Valley, died November 10, 2003 at Olmsted Community Hospital in Rochester.
Irene Buchanan was born Jan. 11, 1913, in Webster, S.D., graduated from Austin High School in 1929, and after attending normal school, taught country school near Oakland, Minn. She married LuVerne Dickerson, and they were later divorced. On Dec. 29, 1951, she married James Ostgard in Mason City, Iowa, and they made their home in Spring Valley. Mr. Ostgard died May 23, 1993. She was a member of St. Ignatius Catholic Church and a former member of Spring Valley High School Band Boosters. She taught Sunday school at the former Congregational Church in Spring Valley. Survivors include two sons, Blaise (JoAnn) Dickerson of Yucca Valley, Calif., and James Ostgard II of Minneapolis; two daughters, Joanne (Oswald) Heinrich of Santa Barbara, Calif., and Star Ostgard of Rochester; 13 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; four brothers, Duane (Violet) Buchanan of Oakland, Minn., Wood “Bud” Buchanan of Iowa, and John “Jack” (Jeanette) Buchanan and Neil (Marcella) Buchanan, both of Arkansas; and a sister, Bonnie (Warren) Lenz of Rochester. Two sons, five brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. A funeral Mass for Irene M. Dickerson Ostgard was November 13, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Gregory Leif officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.