"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
- 4:57:51, Jun 25th 2015 - james1952 - It seems to me that most of the folks that have made comments on the lett ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Richard W. Ryan, 66, of Mabel, died October 13, 2003 at St. Anne Nursing Home in Winona from complications of a head injury suffered while helping at the scene of an April 2002 accident.
He was born Feb. 5, 1937, in Spring Grove and graduated from Mabel High School in 1955. He attended agriculture classes at the University of Minnesota and returned to Mabel to farm. Beginning in 1961, he worked for Delta Import Motors as a mechanic/service manager. He married Louise Benjamin on Aug. 13, 1961, in Hutchinson, Minn. They moved to Hokah in 1964, where he raised hogs, tuned pianos and did mechanical work on foreign cars. He was co-owner of Severtson Motors Volvo in Rochester until it closed. He was a member of Windjammers Unlimited Inc., the LaCrosse Symphony Orchestra, Winona Symphony, Viola de gamba Society, Sports Car Club of America, American Motorcycle Association, Chatfield Brass Band, and DaCapo Band of LaCrosse. In 1990, the couple moved to Mabel until he was injured. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Kevin (Heidi) of Winona, James (Brenda) of Preston and Ole of Minneapolis; three daughters, Karen of Minneapolis, Rhonda (Troy) Greenberg of Beloit, Wis., and Joleen (Nathan) Mitchell of Groton, Conn.; 11 grandchildren; a brother, David (Judy) of New Brighton; and a sister, Joan (David) Nagel of Winnebago. The funeral for Richard W. Ryan was Novemer 19, 2003 at Mabel United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Gordon Langmade officiating. Burial was in Newburg Methodist Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.