"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
- 4:42:50, Oct 4th 2015 - Claudia Larson - What they passed was not Comprehensive Immigration as there wasn't on ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Richard W. Ryan, 66, of Mabel, died October 13, 2003 at St. Anne Nursing Home in Winona from complications of a head injury suffered while helping at the scene of an April 2002 accident.
He was born Feb. 5, 1937, in Spring Grove and graduated from Mabel High School in 1955. He attended agriculture classes at the University of Minnesota and returned to Mabel to farm. Beginning in 1961, he worked for Delta Import Motors as a mechanic/service manager. He married Louise Benjamin on Aug. 13, 1961, in Hutchinson, Minn. They moved to Hokah in 1964, where he raised hogs, tuned pianos and did mechanical work on foreign cars. He was co-owner of Severtson Motors Volvo in Rochester until it closed. He was a member of Windjammers Unlimited Inc., the LaCrosse Symphony Orchestra, Winona Symphony, Viola de gamba Society, Sports Car Club of America, American Motorcycle Association, Chatfield Brass Band, and DaCapo Band of LaCrosse. In 1990, the couple moved to Mabel until he was injured. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Kevin (Heidi) of Winona, James (Brenda) of Preston and Ole of Minneapolis; three daughters, Karen of Minneapolis, Rhonda (Troy) Greenberg of Beloit, Wis., and Joleen (Nathan) Mitchell of Groton, Conn.; 11 grandchildren; a brother, David (Judy) of New Brighton; and a sister, Joan (David) Nagel of Winnebago. The funeral for Richard W. Ryan was Novemer 19, 2003 at Mabel United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Gordon Langmade officiating. Burial was in Newburg Methodist Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.