"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Richard W. Ryan, 66, of Mabel, died October 13, 2003 at St. Anne Nursing Home in Winona from complications of a head injury suffered while helping at the scene of an April 2002 accident.
He was born Feb. 5, 1937, in Spring Grove and graduated from Mabel High School in 1955. He attended agriculture classes at the University of Minnesota and returned to Mabel to farm. Beginning in 1961, he worked for Delta Import Motors as a mechanic/service manager. He married Louise Benjamin on Aug. 13, 1961, in Hutchinson, Minn. They moved to Hokah in 1964, where he raised hogs, tuned pianos and did mechanical work on foreign cars. He was co-owner of Severtson Motors Volvo in Rochester until it closed. He was a member of Windjammers Unlimited Inc., the LaCrosse Symphony Orchestra, Winona Symphony, Viola de gamba Society, Sports Car Club of America, American Motorcycle Association, Chatfield Brass Band, and DaCapo Band of LaCrosse. In 1990, the couple moved to Mabel until he was injured. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Kevin (Heidi) of Winona, James (Brenda) of Preston and Ole of Minneapolis; three daughters, Karen of Minneapolis, Rhonda (Troy) Greenberg of Beloit, Wis., and Joleen (Nathan) Mitchell of Groton, Conn.; 11 grandchildren; a brother, David (Judy) of New Brighton; and a sister, Joan (David) Nagel of Winnebago. The funeral for Richard W. Ryan was Novemer 19, 2003 at Mabel United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Gordon Langmade officiating. Burial was in Newburg Methodist Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.