"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, May 2nd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
- 5:53:10, Apr 28th 2016 - Semn - LOLZ, your the troll! ... [Read More]
- 10:18:05, Apr 27th 2016 - Paul - Not sure either party can say their system is perfect. Remember about throwin ... [Read More]
- 6:54:34, Apr 26th 2016 - Paul - Hawkeye, I've missed your out-of-touch "I'm right, you're wrong" rants. Glad ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Richard W. Ryan, 66, of Mabel, died October 13, 2003 at St. Anne Nursing Home in Winona from complications of a head injury suffered while helping at the scene of an April 2002 accident.
He was born Feb. 5, 1937, in Spring Grove and graduated from Mabel High School in 1955. He attended agriculture classes at the University of Minnesota and returned to Mabel to farm. Beginning in 1961, he worked for Delta Import Motors as a mechanic/service manager. He married Louise Benjamin on Aug. 13, 1961, in Hutchinson, Minn. They moved to Hokah in 1964, where he raised hogs, tuned pianos and did mechanical work on foreign cars. He was co-owner of Severtson Motors Volvo in Rochester until it closed. He was a member of Windjammers Unlimited Inc., the LaCrosse Symphony Orchestra, Winona Symphony, Viola de gamba Society, Sports Car Club of America, American Motorcycle Association, Chatfield Brass Band, and DaCapo Band of LaCrosse. In 1990, the couple moved to Mabel until he was injured. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Kevin (Heidi) of Winona, James (Brenda) of Preston and Ole of Minneapolis; three daughters, Karen of Minneapolis, Rhonda (Troy) Greenberg of Beloit, Wis., and Joleen (Nathan) Mitchell of Groton, Conn.; 11 grandchildren; a brother, David (Judy) of New Brighton; and a sister, Joan (David) Nagel of Winnebago. The funeral for Richard W. Ryan was Novemer 19, 2003 at Mabel United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Gordon Langmade officiating. Burial was in Newburg Methodist Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.