"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, November 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:03:53, Nov 24th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Doc, Why do people like you have to turn stories that don't have ... [Read More]
- 7:13:36, Nov 21st 2014 - FountainFarmer - doc, why do people like you think that every story needs a sense ... [Read More]
- 3:50:54, Nov 21st 2014 - Frank Wright - Does the author of this article realize it is not April 1st? ... [Read More]
- 3:03:32, Nov 21st 2014 - Roberto - That IS a stereotype on Libertarians from extreme right-wingers BTW. See ... [Read More]
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 4:47:53, Nov 7th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Hey winters coming, why don't you take your concerns to that of the ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Emil Ellestad, 96 of Spring Grove died November 15, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services.
Emily Myhre was born Jan. 20, 1907, in rural Spring Grove and was a lifelong area resident. She was baptized and confirmed in Norwegian in Blackhammer Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove and attended rural schools. She worked for a short time at Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis., and married Neuman Ellestad in October of 1926. They farmed in Wilmington Township and later moved to Spring Grove. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its women's groups. She also was a 50-year member of the Spring Grove Sons of Norway Lodge. Surviving are two sons, Mervin (Shirley) of Spring Grove and Donald (Marie) of Caledonia; three daughters, Ione (Mervin) Quinnell, Dorothy (Bradlee) Karlsbroten and Norma (Jennings) Johnson, all of Spring Grove; 11 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; a brother, Milton Myhre of Spring Grove and two sisters, Luella Wiemerslage and Palma Holland, both of Spring Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, three brothers and four sisters. The funeral for Emil Ellestad, was November 19, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, the Rev. Zane Anderson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.