"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Emil Ellestad, 96 of Spring Grove died November 15, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services.
Emily Myhre was born Jan. 20, 1907, in rural Spring Grove and was a lifelong area resident. She was baptized and confirmed in Norwegian in Blackhammer Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove and attended rural schools. She worked for a short time at Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis., and married Neuman Ellestad in October of 1926. They farmed in Wilmington Township and later moved to Spring Grove. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its women's groups. She also was a 50-year member of the Spring Grove Sons of Norway Lodge. Surviving are two sons, Mervin (Shirley) of Spring Grove and Donald (Marie) of Caledonia; three daughters, Ione (Mervin) Quinnell, Dorothy (Bradlee) Karlsbroten and Norma (Jennings) Johnson, all of Spring Grove; 11 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; a brother, Milton Myhre of Spring Grove and two sisters, Luella Wiemerslage and Palma Holland, both of Spring Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, three brothers and four sisters. The funeral for Emil Ellestad, was November 19, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, the Rev. Zane Anderson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.