"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Emil Ellestad, 96 of Spring Grove died November 15, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services.
Emily Myhre was born Jan. 20, 1907, in rural Spring Grove and was a lifelong area resident. She was baptized and confirmed in Norwegian in Blackhammer Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove and attended rural schools. She worked for a short time at Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis., and married Neuman Ellestad in October of 1926. They farmed in Wilmington Township and later moved to Spring Grove. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its women's groups. She also was a 50-year member of the Spring Grove Sons of Norway Lodge. Surviving are two sons, Mervin (Shirley) of Spring Grove and Donald (Marie) of Caledonia; three daughters, Ione (Mervin) Quinnell, Dorothy (Bradlee) Karlsbroten and Norma (Jennings) Johnson, all of Spring Grove; 11 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; a brother, Milton Myhre of Spring Grove and two sisters, Luella Wiemerslage and Palma Holland, both of Spring Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, three brothers and four sisters. The funeral for Emil Ellestad, was November 19, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, the Rev. Zane Anderson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.