"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Emil Ellestad, 96 of Spring Grove died November 15, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services.
Emily Myhre was born Jan. 20, 1907, in rural Spring Grove and was a lifelong area resident. She was baptized and confirmed in Norwegian in Blackhammer Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove and attended rural schools. She worked for a short time at Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis., and married Neuman Ellestad in October of 1926. They farmed in Wilmington Township and later moved to Spring Grove. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its women's groups. She also was a 50-year member of the Spring Grove Sons of Norway Lodge. Surviving are two sons, Mervin (Shirley) of Spring Grove and Donald (Marie) of Caledonia; three daughters, Ione (Mervin) Quinnell, Dorothy (Bradlee) Karlsbroten and Norma (Jennings) Johnson, all of Spring Grove; 11 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; a brother, Milton Myhre of Spring Grove and two sisters, Luella Wiemerslage and Palma Holland, both of Spring Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, three brothers and four sisters. The funeral for Emil Ellestad, was November 19, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove, the Rev. Zane Anderson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.