"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, January 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
- 6:33:07, Jan 28th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - I don't think that they lack good sportsmanship at FC, I just th ... [Read More]
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
- 6:25:24, Jan 26th 2015 - neighbor - Who do u think you are...fountain farmer....seen your other posts you seem ... [Read More]
- 6:23:31, Jan 26th 2015 - whatever - Fountain farmer because the cops don't care. And want to show how disrespe ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther M. Overton, 94, formerly of Byron and Hayfield, died November 18, 2003 at Pine Haven Care Center in Pine Island, where she had lived since 1999.
Esther M. Davis was born April 11, 1909, in Whiting, Iowa, grew up there and graduated from high school in Maxburg, Iowa. On March 11, 1932, she married Merle R. Overton in Winterset, Iowa. In 1940, they began farming in the Byron area and later farmed in rural Hayfield. Mr. Overton also worked for the Rochester Park and Rec Department. Mrs. Overton moved to Byron following her husband's death in 1988. She was a member of the Byron United Methodist Church. Survivors include a daughter, Helen (David) Lorentzen of Rochester; four sons, Darrel (Nel) of Byron, Larry of Rushford, Roger (Pat) of South Carolina and Rick (Kathy) of Albuquerque, N.M.; 29 grandchildren; 77 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a brother and two sisters. The funeral for Esther M. Overton was November 22, 2003 at the United Methodist Church in Byron, with the Rev. Butch Lewellin officiating. Burial was in Fairview Cemetery in Hayfield.