"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, November 24th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
- 3:40:51, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - I can't find anywhere that Mr. Gudmundson was guilty of plagiarism. What ... [Read More]
- 12:12:31, Nov 24th 2015 - Repairing Kingsland will take years - The first step is to get rid of useless McDona ... [Read More]
- 11:22:40, Nov 24th 2015 - @Wykoff Stays - Good to hear that your so upbeat about the Wykoff school staying ope ... [Read More]
- 9:40:41, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - I don't have blind fatih in Stan, he's been proven wrong too many time ... [Read More]
- 9:14:55, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - Just like it did the vote yes group. Stan has laid the facts out there fr ... [Read More]
- 8:07:04, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - It was well known FACT going into the 2002 vote. But as we have seen ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther M. Overton, 94, formerly of Byron and Hayfield, died November 18, 2003 at Pine Haven Care Center in Pine Island, where she had lived since 1999.
Esther M. Davis was born April 11, 1909, in Whiting, Iowa, grew up there and graduated from high school in Maxburg, Iowa. On March 11, 1932, she married Merle R. Overton in Winterset, Iowa. In 1940, they began farming in the Byron area and later farmed in rural Hayfield. Mr. Overton also worked for the Rochester Park and Rec Department. Mrs. Overton moved to Byron following her husband's death in 1988. She was a member of the Byron United Methodist Church. Survivors include a daughter, Helen (David) Lorentzen of Rochester; four sons, Darrel (Nel) of Byron, Larry of Rushford, Roger (Pat) of South Carolina and Rick (Kathy) of Albuquerque, N.M.; 29 grandchildren; 77 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a brother and two sisters. The funeral for Esther M. Overton was November 22, 2003 at the United Methodist Church in Byron, with the Rev. Butch Lewellin officiating. Burial was in Fairview Cemetery in Hayfield.