"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:19:55, Jul 7th 2015 - Let's talk - What about the sports down there. Remember what happened to the stewart ... [Read More]
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
Have you ever been injured while shooting off fireworks?
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther M. Overton, 94, formerly of Byron and Hayfield, died November 18, 2003 at Pine Haven Care Center in Pine Island, where she had lived since 1999.
Esther M. Davis was born April 11, 1909, in Whiting, Iowa, grew up there and graduated from high school in Maxburg, Iowa. On March 11, 1932, she married Merle R. Overton in Winterset, Iowa. In 1940, they began farming in the Byron area and later farmed in rural Hayfield. Mr. Overton also worked for the Rochester Park and Rec Department. Mrs. Overton moved to Byron following her husband's death in 1988. She was a member of the Byron United Methodist Church. Survivors include a daughter, Helen (David) Lorentzen of Rochester; four sons, Darrel (Nel) of Byron, Larry of Rushford, Roger (Pat) of South Carolina and Rick (Kathy) of Albuquerque, N.M.; 29 grandchildren; 77 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a brother and two sisters. The funeral for Esther M. Overton was November 22, 2003 at the United Methodist Church in Byron, with the Rev. Butch Lewellin officiating. Burial was in Fairview Cemetery in Hayfield.