"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther M. Overton, 94, formerly of Byron and Hayfield, died November 18, 2003 at Pine Haven Care Center in Pine Island, where she had lived since 1999.
Esther M. Davis was born April 11, 1909, in Whiting, Iowa, grew up there and graduated from high school in Maxburg, Iowa. On March 11, 1932, she married Merle R. Overton in Winterset, Iowa. In 1940, they began farming in the Byron area and later farmed in rural Hayfield. Mr. Overton also worked for the Rochester Park and Rec Department. Mrs. Overton moved to Byron following her husband's death in 1988. She was a member of the Byron United Methodist Church. Survivors include a daughter, Helen (David) Lorentzen of Rochester; four sons, Darrel (Nel) of Byron, Larry of Rushford, Roger (Pat) of South Carolina and Rick (Kathy) of Albuquerque, N.M.; 29 grandchildren; 77 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a brother and two sisters. The funeral for Esther M. Overton was November 22, 2003 at the United Methodist Church in Byron, with the Rev. Butch Lewellin officiating. Burial was in Fairview Cemetery in Hayfield.