"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, March 10th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther M. Overton, 94, formerly of Byron and Hayfield, died November 18, 2003 at Pine Haven Care Center in Pine Island, where she had lived since 1999.
Esther M. Davis was born April 11, 1909, in Whiting, Iowa, grew up there and graduated from high school in Maxburg, Iowa. On March 11, 1932, she married Merle R. Overton in Winterset, Iowa. In 1940, they began farming in the Byron area and later farmed in rural Hayfield. Mr. Overton also worked for the Rochester Park and Rec Department. Mrs. Overton moved to Byron following her husband's death in 1988. She was a member of the Byron United Methodist Church. Survivors include a daughter, Helen (David) Lorentzen of Rochester; four sons, Darrel (Nel) of Byron, Larry of Rushford, Roger (Pat) of South Carolina and Rick (Kathy) of Albuquerque, N.M.; 29 grandchildren; 77 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a brother and two sisters. The funeral for Esther M. Overton was November 22, 2003 at the United Methodist Church in Byron, with the Rev. Butch Lewellin officiating. Burial was in Fairview Cemetery in Hayfield.