"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, May 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:54:03, May 28th 2016 - what? - I'll be putting my child's name on my house! Problem solved! And I'll do it ... [Read More]
- 9:51:37, May 28th 2016 - wow - I see a guy in a girl's bathroom, well......it will not be good! ... [Read More]
- 3:25:48, May 27th 2016 - Laughing out loud - Grow up, you just proved yourself to be a moron. ... [Read More]
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
- 10:51:07, May 26th 2016 - grow up - People that are to afraid to put there name on something they post are not ... [Read More]
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kerry Jo Maitland, 57, of Parkersburg, formerly of Lime Springs, died November 18, 2003 at Sartori Memorial Hospital in Cedar Falls, Iowa, of complications of multiple sclerosis.
Kerry Jo Johnson was born April 6, 1946, in Cresco, Iowa, and attended Lime Springs and Crestwood schools. On Dec. 14, 1962, she married John Maitland at her parents’ home in Lime Springs. They lived in Lime Springs until moving to Parkersburg in 1983. In Lime Springs, she was a teachers’ aide; a piano teacher; a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church, where she served as Sunday school superintendent; and a Cub Scout den mother. She was a member of United Methodist Church in Parkersburg and was active in Bible study and Mission Committee. Survivors include her husband; four sons, Mark (Marjorie) of Rochester, John Jr. (Tammy) of Waterloo, Iowa, Brent of Parkersburg and Aaron (Noriko) of Glidden, Iowa; a daughter, Jean (Darrin) Smith of Stewartville; 12 grandchildren; her mother, Bernice (McMaster) Johnson of Lime Springs; and two brothers, Thomas (Barb) Johnson of Swaledale, Iowa, and David Johnson of Lime Springs. She was preceded in death by her father. The funeral for Kerry Jo Maitland was November 21, 2003 at United Methodist Church in Parkersburg, Iowa, with the Rev. Betsy Piette officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Lime Springs.