"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniersâ€™ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kerry Jo Maitland, 57, of Parkersburg, formerly of Lime Springs, died November 18, 2003 at Sartori Memorial Hospital in Cedar Falls, Iowa, of complications of multiple sclerosis.
Kerry Jo Johnson was born April 6, 1946, in Cresco, Iowa, and attended Lime Springs and Crestwood schools. On Dec. 14, 1962, she married John Maitland at her parents’ home in Lime Springs. They lived in Lime Springs until moving to Parkersburg in 1983. In Lime Springs, she was a teachers’ aide; a piano teacher; a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church, where she served as Sunday school superintendent; and a Cub Scout den mother. She was a member of United Methodist Church in Parkersburg and was active in Bible study and Mission Committee. Survivors include her husband; four sons, Mark (Marjorie) of Rochester, John Jr. (Tammy) of Waterloo, Iowa, Brent of Parkersburg and Aaron (Noriko) of Glidden, Iowa; a daughter, Jean (Darrin) Smith of Stewartville; 12 grandchildren; her mother, Bernice (McMaster) Johnson of Lime Springs; and two brothers, Thomas (Barb) Johnson of Swaledale, Iowa, and David Johnson of Lime Springs. She was preceded in death by her father. The funeral for Kerry Jo Maitland was November 21, 2003 at United Methodist Church in Parkersburg, Iowa, with the Rev. Betsy Piette officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Lime Springs.