"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:35:47, Sep 2nd 2014 - wtf - Because I can! At least I don't sit and argue with people like you do mister no ... [Read More]
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kerry Jo Maitland, 57, of Parkersburg, formerly of Lime Springs, died November 18, 2003 at Sartori Memorial Hospital in Cedar Falls, Iowa, of complications of multiple sclerosis.
Kerry Jo Johnson was born April 6, 1946, in Cresco, Iowa, and attended Lime Springs and Crestwood schools. On Dec. 14, 1962, she married John Maitland at her parentsí home in Lime Springs. They lived in Lime Springs until moving to Parkersburg in 1983. In Lime Springs, she was a teachersí aide; a piano teacher; a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church, where she served as Sunday school superintendent; and a Cub Scout den mother. She was a member of United Methodist Church in Parkersburg and was active in Bible study and Mission Committee. Survivors include her husband; four sons, Mark (Marjorie) of Rochester, John Jr. (Tammy) of Waterloo, Iowa, Brent of Parkersburg and Aaron (Noriko) of Glidden, Iowa; a daughter, Jean (Darrin) Smith of Stewartville; 12 grandchildren; her mother, Bernice (McMaster) Johnson of Lime Springs; and two brothers, Thomas (Barb) Johnson of Swaledale, Iowa, and David Johnson of Lime Springs. She was preceded in death by her father. The funeral for Kerry Jo Maitland was November 21, 2003 at United Methodist Church in Parkersburg, Iowa, with the Rev. Betsy Piette officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Lime Springs.