"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:25:58, May 6th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a short response: paragraph 8- a belief in a system where th ... [Read More]
- 11:17:41, May 6th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Herb, waiting for your response. You seem so knowledgeable on the gun con ... [Read More]
- 9:30:33, May 5th 2015 - FountainFarmer - what? you can direct your questions towards Sgt. Christianson at the ... [Read More]
- 12:26:17, May 5th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @Vikefan- lets take your scenario a little further since you seem to ... [Read More]
- 4:31:29, May 5th 2015 - what? - What about electric scooters? There is a grade school kid in harmony riding on ... [Read More]
- 4:24:55, May 5th 2015 - what? - The mayor's in small towns don't wear suits...it's a part time job! They don' ... [Read More]
- 6:54:57, May 4th 2015 - LOLZ - So what's up with the hoodie? Was it casual Friday? ... [Read More]
- 7:42:01, May 4th 2015 - amazed - Many people have detractors who try to make them look foolish in the eyes of ... [Read More]
- 7:34:22, May 4th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Chemical abuse is bad whatever the substance. The abuser risks the ruin of ... [Read More]
- 11:14:38, May 3rd 2015 - Noodle - If someone is getting high before or while at work, that is just as bad as ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Allan ‘Yank’ Knutson, 55, of Fountain, formerly of Rochester, died November 16, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
Born May 7, 1948, in Preston, he grew up in Rochester and served in the Army. On Oct. 4, 1969, he married Janie Petersen at Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church in Rochester, and they were later divorced. He lived in Cohasset, Minn., for 20 years and then in Hill City, Minn., for two years before moving to Fountain five years ago. Mr. Knutson owned and operated a salvage and trucking company. Survivors include seven daughters, Shelly (Jeff) Serich of Cohasset, Pam (Buck) Hammann of Esko, Minn., Sara (Charlie) Panek of Abbotsford, Wis., and Vickey (Jeff) Arvidson, Amie (David) Linn, Jessie Knutson and Lani Knutson, all of St. Cloud; 11 grandchildren; his mother, Betty Knutson of Rochester; a brother, Robert (Kelly) of Rochester; seven sisters, Sharon (Bob) Olson of Deer River, Minn., Donna (Bob) Tilford of Zumbro Falls, Carol (Bob) Christopherson of Hayfield, Joyce Johnson of Kasson, Marilyn Knutson of LeRoy, Cindy (Donald) Langton of Stewartville and Wanda Knutson of Lime Springs, Iowa; and his fiancee, Michele Pierce. He was preceded in death by his father and a brother. The funeral for Allan Knutson was November 22, 2003 at Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church in Rochester, with the Rev. Kevin Sorensen officiating. Burial was in Union Cemetery in Pleasant Grove. Macken Funeral Home in Rochester was in charge of arrangements.