"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Allan ‘Yank’ Knutson, 55, of Fountain, formerly of Rochester, died November 16, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
Born May 7, 1948, in Preston, he grew up in Rochester and served in the Army. On Oct. 4, 1969, he married Janie Petersen at Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church in Rochester, and they were later divorced. He lived in Cohasset, Minn., for 20 years and then in Hill City, Minn., for two years before moving to Fountain five years ago. Mr. Knutson owned and operated a salvage and trucking company. Survivors include seven daughters, Shelly (Jeff) Serich of Cohasset, Pam (Buck) Hammann of Esko, Minn., Sara (Charlie) Panek of Abbotsford, Wis., and Vickey (Jeff) Arvidson, Amie (David) Linn, Jessie Knutson and Lani Knutson, all of St. Cloud; 11 grandchildren; his mother, Betty Knutson of Rochester; a brother, Robert (Kelly) of Rochester; seven sisters, Sharon (Bob) Olson of Deer River, Minn., Donna (Bob) Tilford of Zumbro Falls, Carol (Bob) Christopherson of Hayfield, Joyce Johnson of Kasson, Marilyn Knutson of LeRoy, Cindy (Donald) Langton of Stewartville and Wanda Knutson of Lime Springs, Iowa; and his fiancee, Michele Pierce. He was preceded in death by his father and a brother. The funeral for Allan Knutson was November 22, 2003 at Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church in Rochester, with the Rev. Kevin Sorensen officiating. Burial was in Union Cemetery in Pleasant Grove. Macken Funeral Home in Rochester was in charge of arrangements.