"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Allan ‘Yank’ Knutson, 55, of Fountain, formerly of Rochester, died November 16, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
Born May 7, 1948, in Preston, he grew up in Rochester and served in the Army. On Oct. 4, 1969, he married Janie Petersen at Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church in Rochester, and they were later divorced. He lived in Cohasset, Minn., for 20 years and then in Hill City, Minn., for two years before moving to Fountain five years ago. Mr. Knutson owned and operated a salvage and trucking company. Survivors include seven daughters, Shelly (Jeff) Serich of Cohasset, Pam (Buck) Hammann of Esko, Minn., Sara (Charlie) Panek of Abbotsford, Wis., and Vickey (Jeff) Arvidson, Amie (David) Linn, Jessie Knutson and Lani Knutson, all of St. Cloud; 11 grandchildren; his mother, Betty Knutson of Rochester; a brother, Robert (Kelly) of Rochester; seven sisters, Sharon (Bob) Olson of Deer River, Minn., Donna (Bob) Tilford of Zumbro Falls, Carol (Bob) Christopherson of Hayfield, Joyce Johnson of Kasson, Marilyn Knutson of LeRoy, Cindy (Donald) Langton of Stewartville and Wanda Knutson of Lime Springs, Iowa; and his fiancee, Michele Pierce. He was preceded in death by his father and a brother. The funeral for Allan Knutson was November 22, 2003 at Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church in Rochester, with the Rev. Kevin Sorensen officiating. Burial was in Union Cemetery in Pleasant Grove. Macken Funeral Home in Rochester was in charge of arrangements.