"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, November 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
- 3:40:51, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - I can't find anywhere that Mr. Gudmundson was guilty of plagiarism. What ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Allan ‘Yank’ Knutson, 55, of Fountain, formerly of Rochester, died November 16, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
Born May 7, 1948, in Preston, he grew up in Rochester and served in the Army. On Oct. 4, 1969, he married Janie Petersen at Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church in Rochester, and they were later divorced. He lived in Cohasset, Minn., for 20 years and then in Hill City, Minn., for two years before moving to Fountain five years ago. Mr. Knutson owned and operated a salvage and trucking company. Survivors include seven daughters, Shelly (Jeff) Serich of Cohasset, Pam (Buck) Hammann of Esko, Minn., Sara (Charlie) Panek of Abbotsford, Wis., and Vickey (Jeff) Arvidson, Amie (David) Linn, Jessie Knutson and Lani Knutson, all of St. Cloud; 11 grandchildren; his mother, Betty Knutson of Rochester; a brother, Robert (Kelly) of Rochester; seven sisters, Sharon (Bob) Olson of Deer River, Minn., Donna (Bob) Tilford of Zumbro Falls, Carol (Bob) Christopherson of Hayfield, Joyce Johnson of Kasson, Marilyn Knutson of LeRoy, Cindy (Donald) Langton of Stewartville and Wanda Knutson of Lime Springs, Iowa; and his fiancee, Michele Pierce. He was preceded in death by his father and a brother. The funeral for Allan Knutson was November 22, 2003 at Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church in Rochester, with the Rev. Kevin Sorensen officiating. Burial was in Union Cemetery in Pleasant Grove. Macken Funeral Home in Rochester was in charge of arrangements.