"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, March 10th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Tarsilla Frances Mulhern, 93, of 207 First St. E., Stewartville, died of a heart attack November 14, 2003 at her home.
Tarsilla Frances Schoeppner was born March 7, 1910, in Templeton, Iowa, and grew up there. She graduated from Sacred Heart Catholic High School in Templeton and from Mankato State College with a degree in business. She then moved to Wykoff and was employed at the Wykoff Bank. On June 20, 1933, she married Lynn Mulhern in Wykoff, and they lived there until moving to Stewartville in 1936. They owned and operated several businesses in Stewartville, including Tarsillaís Cafe, for more than 30 years. After the cafe was sold in 1972, she was an accountant for the Olmsted County Highway Department until her retirement in 1975. Mr. Mulhern died March 8, 1983. She was a longtime active member of St. Bernardís Catholic Church and its womenís society, Stewartville Lioness Club, Stewartville Historical Society, Friendly Neighbors Club, Sunshine Card Club and Friends of the Library. Survivors include two daughters, Eunice (Nip) Swenson of Stewartville and Lorna (LaVerne) Jervis of Palmyra, Va.; a son, Harold (Evelyn) of Osseo, Wis.; 14 grandchildren; and 28 great-grandchildren. A daughter and a son preceded her in death. A funeral Mass for Tarsilla Frances Mulhern was November 18, 2003 at St. Bernardís Catholic Church in Stewartville, with the Rev. Gregory Havel officiating. Burial will be in St. Bernardís Cemetery at a later date. The body has been donated to Mayo Medical School.