"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
- 7:37:34, Dec 19th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - HE IS A CLASS ACT AND APPARENTLY HIS WIFE IS ALSO. ENJOY RETIREMENT TOG ... [Read More]
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna V. Ruesink, 90, of Spring Grove, formerly of Canton, died November 26, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Edna Vang was born June 26, 1913, north of Canton and graduated from Canton High School in 1932. She worked in the area until the 1940s, when she moved to Portland, Ore. In 1945, she married John L. Tate. He died in 1963. In 1970, she returned to Canton and operated the Canton Variety Store until it closed in 1980 and then was custodian for Henrytown Lutheran and Canton Presbyterian churches for a number of years. In 1973, she married Calvin Ruesink of Canton. He preceded her in death in 1983. She was a member of Henrytown Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, William Tate of Lenora; four stepdaughters, Mary Ann Fischer of Ionia, Iowa, Virginia Young and Jean Flynn, both of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Sharon Bonwell of Charles City, Iowa; and a sister, Mathilda Maust of Portland. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and two brothers. The funeral for Edna V. Ruesink was December 1, 2003 at Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton, with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.