"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, September 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:39:01, Sep 3rd 2015 - hum - Yuck! ... [Read More]
- 1:53:16, Sep 3rd 2015 - LOLZ - I think I hear a four barrel. No, its's just a conservative blockhead still in ... [Read More]
- 1:36:21, Sep 3rd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ sosad- "bullheaded" and "jerk" I almost had my feelings hurt there fo ... [Read More]
- 10:30:02, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - While I'm at it, no, you are not right to assume anything about me. Althoug ... [Read More]
- 10:21:27, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - Here is another word for you, 'bullheaded'. It's an adjective, and means 'o ... [Read More]
- 3:58:17, Sep 2nd 2015 - LOLZ - I rest my case. ... [Read More]
- 1:29:04, Sep 2nd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ lolz, so sad- judging from your posts you must be Obama believers, or ... [Read More]
- 8:50:42, Sep 1st 2015 - So Sad - More verbal diarrhea from one of Fillmore County's top ten most ignorant peop ... [Read More]
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna V. Ruesink, 90, of Spring Grove, formerly of Canton, died November 26, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Edna Vang was born June 26, 1913, north of Canton and graduated from Canton High School in 1932. She worked in the area until the 1940s, when she moved to Portland, Ore. In 1945, she married John L. Tate. He died in 1963. In 1970, she returned to Canton and operated the Canton Variety Store until it closed in 1980 and then was custodian for Henrytown Lutheran and Canton Presbyterian churches for a number of years. In 1973, she married Calvin Ruesink of Canton. He preceded her in death in 1983. She was a member of Henrytown Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, William Tate of Lenora; four stepdaughters, Mary Ann Fischer of Ionia, Iowa, Virginia Young and Jean Flynn, both of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Sharon Bonwell of Charles City, Iowa; and a sister, Mathilda Maust of Portland. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and two brothers. The funeral for Edna V. Ruesink was December 1, 2003 at Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton, with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.