"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna V. Ruesink, 90, of Spring Grove, formerly of Canton, died November 26, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Edna Vang was born June 26, 1913, north of Canton and graduated from Canton High School in 1932. She worked in the area until the 1940s, when she moved to Portland, Ore. In 1945, she married John L. Tate. He died in 1963. In 1970, she returned to Canton and operated the Canton Variety Store until it closed in 1980 and then was custodian for Henrytown Lutheran and Canton Presbyterian churches for a number of years. In 1973, she married Calvin Ruesink of Canton. He preceded her in death in 1983. She was a member of Henrytown Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, William Tate of Lenora; four stepdaughters, Mary Ann Fischer of Ionia, Iowa, Virginia Young and Jean Flynn, both of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Sharon Bonwell of Charles City, Iowa; and a sister, Mathilda Maust of Portland. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and two brothers. The funeral for Edna V. Ruesink was December 1, 2003 at Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton, with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.