"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:34:51, Apr 1st 2015 - Sad - Average US household income is $53,891. Medicare and Social Security tax= 7.65% ... [Read More]
- 8:57:55, Apr 1st 2015 - Skunkpuppy - @BethShade and @Knewhimforseveralyears No matter what someone has done ... [Read More]
- 3:21:04, Mar 31st 2015 - doc - Not to mention ignoring science yet believing in fairy tales. ... [Read More]
- 12:16:25, Mar 31st 2015 - Vikefan 1 - To Left Winger: You choose to call what Reagan and Bush did as "tweak ... [Read More]
- 9:53:03, Mar 31st 2015 - left winger - vikefan please get you facts straight, What Regan did was a technical c ... [Read More]
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna V. Ruesink, 90, of Spring Grove, formerly of Canton, died November 26, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Edna Vang was born June 26, 1913, north of Canton and graduated from Canton High School in 1932. She worked in the area until the 1940s, when she moved to Portland, Ore. In 1945, she married John L. Tate. He died in 1963. In 1970, she returned to Canton and operated the Canton Variety Store until it closed in 1980 and then was custodian for Henrytown Lutheran and Canton Presbyterian churches for a number of years. In 1973, she married Calvin Ruesink of Canton. He preceded her in death in 1983. She was a member of Henrytown Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, William Tate of Lenora; four stepdaughters, Mary Ann Fischer of Ionia, Iowa, Virginia Young and Jean Flynn, both of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Sharon Bonwell of Charles City, Iowa; and a sister, Mathilda Maust of Portland. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and two brothers. The funeral for Edna V. Ruesink was December 1, 2003 at Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton, with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.