"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna V. Ruesink, 90, of Spring Grove, formerly of Canton, died November 26, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Edna Vang was born June 26, 1913, north of Canton and graduated from Canton High School in 1932. She worked in the area until the 1940s, when she moved to Portland, Ore. In 1945, she married John L. Tate. He died in 1963. In 1970, she returned to Canton and operated the Canton Variety Store until it closed in 1980 and then was custodian for Henrytown Lutheran and Canton Presbyterian churches for a number of years. In 1973, she married Calvin Ruesink of Canton. He preceded her in death in 1983. She was a member of Henrytown Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, William Tate of Lenora; four stepdaughters, Mary Ann Fischer of Ionia, Iowa, Virginia Young and Jean Flynn, both of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Sharon Bonwell of Charles City, Iowa; and a sister, Mathilda Maust of Portland. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and two brothers. The funeral for Edna V. Ruesink was December 1, 2003 at Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton, with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.