"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, January 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:45:40, Jan 24th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - Or MAYBE people should accept the fact that you can't always win ... [Read More]
- 11:30:37, Jan 24th 2015 - neighbor - Fountainfarmer....residents of this street have taken it to the city coun ... [Read More]
- 2:04:25, Jan 23rd 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever seems like the type of person who will rant and rave on new ... [Read More]
- 1:39:29, Jan 23rd 2015 - Two dogs - or maybe FC should recruit some better athletes or get ones that like to w ... [Read More]
- 12:47:28, Jan 23rd 2015 - Duh - whatever--- you should probably realize that a Chamber of Commerce has NOTHING ... [Read More]
- 6:41:21, Jan 23rd 2015 - fc - FC needs new coaches who know what they are doing ... [Read More]
- 6:37:32, Jan 23rd 2015 - whatever - Get the parking behind the high school under control! ... [Read More]
- 12:08:57, Jan 22nd 2015 - email@example.com - Nice story about by old friend Fred, who taught me the ropes w ... [Read More]
- 12:30:17, Jan 19th 2015 - IFE - Thank you, Jason, for a wonderful tribute to Bruce Fishbaugher. He certainly ... [Read More]
- 10:45:49, Jan 19th 2015 - JCK - Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the new water service policy stated th ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna V. Ruesink, 90, of Spring Grove, formerly of Canton, died November 26, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Edna Vang was born June 26, 1913, north of Canton and graduated from Canton High School in 1932. She worked in the area until the 1940s, when she moved to Portland, Ore. In 1945, she married John L. Tate. He died in 1963. In 1970, she returned to Canton and operated the Canton Variety Store until it closed in 1980 and then was custodian for Henrytown Lutheran and Canton Presbyterian churches for a number of years. In 1973, she married Calvin Ruesink of Canton. He preceded her in death in 1983. She was a member of Henrytown Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, William Tate of Lenora; four stepdaughters, Mary Ann Fischer of Ionia, Iowa, Virginia Young and Jean Flynn, both of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Sharon Bonwell of Charles City, Iowa; and a sister, Mathilda Maust of Portland. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and two brothers. The funeral for Edna V. Ruesink was December 1, 2003 at Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton, with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.