"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna V. Ruesink, 90, of Spring Grove, formerly of Canton, died November 26, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Edna Vang was born June 26, 1913, north of Canton and graduated from Canton High School in 1932. She worked in the area until the 1940s, when she moved to Portland, Ore. In 1945, she married John L. Tate. He died in 1963. In 1970, she returned to Canton and operated the Canton Variety Store until it closed in 1980 and then was custodian for Henrytown Lutheran and Canton Presbyterian churches for a number of years. In 1973, she married Calvin Ruesink of Canton. He preceded her in death in 1983. She was a member of Henrytown Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, William Tate of Lenora; four stepdaughters, Mary Ann Fischer of Ionia, Iowa, Virginia Young and Jean Flynn, both of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Sharon Bonwell of Charles City, Iowa; and a sister, Mathilda Maust of Portland. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and two brothers. The funeral for Edna V. Ruesink was December 1, 2003 at Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton, with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.