"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 3rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:41:53, Dec 2nd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Condolences Herb. The Cretin and his deplorable supporters prevailed and y ... [Read More]
- 11:36:58, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr Swartzentruber, not to worry much about the rambings of SV85. No cred ... [Read More]
- 7:24:13, Nov 30th 2016 - kingslandGrad95 - Valerie, if the issuer of stock is still in business, then Yes, the ... [Read More]
- 6:18:02, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - What ? Back up the bus. America is a beacon of freedom in the world. As a ... [Read More]
- 11:00:19, Nov 29th 2016 - valeriejbf - I looking thro some old papers and found a certificate for 1 share of c ... [Read More]
- 6:13:52, Nov 29th 2016 - Kyle - Great post! I took some piano lessons when I was young, and always wanted to ... [Read More]
- 7:52:32, Nov 28th 2016 - Mario Bruneau - Jonathan made a wise decision to learn piano tuning as it is a field ... [Read More]
- 6:01:39, Nov 22nd 2016 - Al-Hajji Frederick H Minshall - "Barn cats" are an absolutely HORRIBLE idea: Every ... [Read More]
- 1:09:59, Nov 21st 2016 - ESA Doctors - We haven't seen any horses used as emotional support animals, but we do ... [Read More]
- 8:49:14, Nov 19th 2016 - respect - Marion was the most loving woman I have ever known and the strongest. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna V. Ruesink, 90, of Spring Grove, formerly of Canton, died November 26, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Edna Vang was born June 26, 1913, north of Canton and graduated from Canton High School in 1932. She worked in the area until the 1940s, when she moved to Portland, Ore. In 1945, she married John L. Tate. He died in 1963. In 1970, she returned to Canton and operated the Canton Variety Store until it closed in 1980 and then was custodian for Henrytown Lutheran and Canton Presbyterian churches for a number of years. In 1973, she married Calvin Ruesink of Canton. He preceded her in death in 1983. She was a member of Henrytown Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, William Tate of Lenora; four stepdaughters, Mary Ann Fischer of Ionia, Iowa, Virginia Young and Jean Flynn, both of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Sharon Bonwell of Charles City, Iowa; and a sister, Mathilda Maust of Portland. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and two brothers. The funeral for Edna V. Ruesink was December 1, 2003 at Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton, with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.