"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, October 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
- 11:22:49, Oct 18th 2014 - agree - Fact says has a great point. Money is at the root of the problems in high sc ... [Read More]
- 5:24:15, Oct 17th 2014 - FC concern - To FC Nobody: Just means you have smart bullies. Take your blinders of ... [Read More]
- 7:09:36, Oct 17th 2014 - - There was no flood water in the Rushford school . ... [Read More]
- 7:02:40, Oct 17th 2014 - fact - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not ... [Read More]
- 6:56:33, Oct 17th 2014 - - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not help ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna V. Ruesink, 90, of Spring Grove, formerly of Canton, died November 26, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Edna Vang was born June 26, 1913, north of Canton and graduated from Canton High School in 1932. She worked in the area until the 1940s, when she moved to Portland, Ore. In 1945, she married John L. Tate. He died in 1963. In 1970, she returned to Canton and operated the Canton Variety Store until it closed in 1980 and then was custodian for Henrytown Lutheran and Canton Presbyterian churches for a number of years. In 1973, she married Calvin Ruesink of Canton. He preceded her in death in 1983. She was a member of Henrytown Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, William Tate of Lenora; four stepdaughters, Mary Ann Fischer of Ionia, Iowa, Virginia Young and Jean Flynn, both of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Sharon Bonwell of Charles City, Iowa; and a sister, Mathilda Maust of Portland. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and two brothers. The funeral for Edna V. Ruesink was December 1, 2003 at Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton, with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.