"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:35:47, Sep 2nd 2014 - wtf - Because I can! At least I don't sit and argue with people like you do mister no ... [Read More]
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna V. Ruesink, 90, of Spring Grove, formerly of Canton, died November 26, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Edna Vang was born June 26, 1913, north of Canton and graduated from Canton High School in 1932. She worked in the area until the 1940s, when she moved to Portland, Ore. In 1945, she married John L. Tate. He died in 1963. In 1970, she returned to Canton and operated the Canton Variety Store until it closed in 1980 and then was custodian for Henrytown Lutheran and Canton Presbyterian churches for a number of years. In 1973, she married Calvin Ruesink of Canton. He preceded her in death in 1983. She was a member of Henrytown Lutheran Church. Survivors include a son, William Tate of Lenora; four stepdaughters, Mary Ann Fischer of Ionia, Iowa, Virginia Young and Jean Flynn, both of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Sharon Bonwell of Charles City, Iowa; and a sister, Mathilda Maust of Portland. She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter and two brothers. The funeral for Edna V. Ruesink was December 1, 2003 at Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton, with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.