"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Elida Petersen, 83, of Rushford died November 28, 2003, at Community Memorial Hospital in Winona.
Elida Bratland was born Dec. 16, 1919 in Rushford, Minn., to John C. and Ida G. (Laumb) Bratland. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1939. She then went on to complete nurses training at Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. She was united in marriage with Arnold Petersen on Oct. 4, 1941, in Rushford, Minn. Arnold preceded her in death Nov. 18, 1974. She worked as a nurse at the Whitehall Asylum, St. Francis Hospital in La Crosse and Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. She was the private nurse to Dr. Gallagher and was a midwife helper at Cotterhall Maternity Home in Rushford. She was also a nurse at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford, and she had the distinction of admitting the first and one-hundredth patients. She was the manager of the Lewiston CU Drive-in and also worked at Camera Art. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aid and WELCA. She also led a Bible study at the Good Shepherd Apartments in Rushford. Survivors include 5 sons; Dennis A. (Karen) Petersen, Rushford, Ronald A. (Peggy) Petersen, Rushford, John A. (Bonnie) Petersen, Rushford, Gregory C. (Marion) Petersen, Caledonia, Minn., David R. (Heidi) Petersen, Winona; a daughter, Colleen M. (Bruce) Volkmann, Winona; 18 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; one sister, Gusta Highum, Good Shepherd Home, Rushford; sister-in-law, Agnes (Obert) Thomley, Chippewa Falls, Wis.; a lifelong friend, Abigail Voight, Mayar, Minn.; many nieces; nephews; cousins; other relative and friends. She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; brother and his wife; sister and her husband; a grandson and granddaughter. A memorial service was held December 1, 2003, at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson and the Rev. David Watson officiating. Burial was in Immanuel (Silo) Lutheran Cemetery, with the Rev. William Meilner officiating. Watkowski-Pronschinske Funeral Home in Winona was in charge of arrangements.