"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Elida Petersen, 83, of Rushford died November 28, 2003, at Community Memorial Hospital in Winona.
Elida Bratland was born Dec. 16, 1919 in Rushford, Minn., to John C. and Ida G. (Laumb) Bratland. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1939. She then went on to complete nurses training at Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. She was united in marriage with Arnold Petersen on Oct. 4, 1941, in Rushford, Minn. Arnold preceded her in death Nov. 18, 1974. She worked as a nurse at the Whitehall Asylum, St. Francis Hospital in La Crosse and Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. She was the private nurse to Dr. Gallagher and was a midwife helper at Cotterhall Maternity Home in Rushford. She was also a nurse at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford, and she had the distinction of admitting the first and one-hundredth patients. She was the manager of the Lewiston CU Drive-in and also worked at Camera Art. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aid and WELCA. She also led a Bible study at the Good Shepherd Apartments in Rushford. Survivors include 5 sons; Dennis A. (Karen) Petersen, Rushford, Ronald A. (Peggy) Petersen, Rushford, John A. (Bonnie) Petersen, Rushford, Gregory C. (Marion) Petersen, Caledonia, Minn., David R. (Heidi) Petersen, Winona; a daughter, Colleen M. (Bruce) Volkmann, Winona; 18 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; one sister, Gusta Highum, Good Shepherd Home, Rushford; sister-in-law, Agnes (Obert) Thomley, Chippewa Falls, Wis.; a lifelong friend, Abigail Voight, Mayar, Minn.; many nieces; nephews; cousins; other relative and friends. She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; brother and his wife; sister and her husband; a grandson and granddaughter. A memorial service was held December 1, 2003, at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson and the Rev. David Watson officiating. Burial was in Immanuel (Silo) Lutheran Cemetery, with the Rev. William Meilner officiating. Watkowski-Pronschinske Funeral Home in Winona was in charge of arrangements.