"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 1st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:09:57, Sep 30th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Ella and family, Sorry for your loss of Roger! You ... [Read More]
- 5:26:29, Sep 27th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @ Kim Wentworth, ^the last post was from me. I just wanted to be c ... [Read More]
- 3:44:00, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Thomas E. H.- the planet's temp changes, goes thru cycles, a tweak u ... [Read More]
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Elida Petersen, 83, of Rushford died November 28, 2003, at Community Memorial Hospital in Winona.
Elida Bratland was born Dec. 16, 1919 in Rushford, Minn., to John C. and Ida G. (Laumb) Bratland. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1939. She then went on to complete nurses training at Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. She was united in marriage with Arnold Petersen on Oct. 4, 1941, in Rushford, Minn. Arnold preceded her in death Nov. 18, 1974. She worked as a nurse at the Whitehall Asylum, St. Francis Hospital in La Crosse and Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. She was the private nurse to Dr. Gallagher and was a midwife helper at Cotterhall Maternity Home in Rushford. She was also a nurse at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford, and she had the distinction of admitting the first and one-hundredth patients. She was the manager of the Lewiston CU Drive-in and also worked at Camera Art. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aid and WELCA. She also led a Bible study at the Good Shepherd Apartments in Rushford. Survivors include 5 sons; Dennis A. (Karen) Petersen, Rushford, Ronald A. (Peggy) Petersen, Rushford, John A. (Bonnie) Petersen, Rushford, Gregory C. (Marion) Petersen, Caledonia, Minn., David R. (Heidi) Petersen, Winona; a daughter, Colleen M. (Bruce) Volkmann, Winona; 18 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; one sister, Gusta Highum, Good Shepherd Home, Rushford; sister-in-law, Agnes (Obert) Thomley, Chippewa Falls, Wis.; a lifelong friend, Abigail Voight, Mayar, Minn.; many nieces; nephews; cousins; other relative and friends. She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; brother and his wife; sister and her husband; a grandson and granddaughter. A memorial service was held December 1, 2003, at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson and the Rev. David Watson officiating. Burial was in Immanuel (Silo) Lutheran Cemetery, with the Rev. William Meilner officiating. Watkowski-Pronschinske Funeral Home in Winona was in charge of arrangements.