"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
- 10:14:18, Mar 2nd 2015 - Wood - Be Honest, you can ask the Minnesota Information Policy Analysis Division (IPA ... [Read More]
- 6:41:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - gotoutofthere - If the residents would treat the new people with respect maybe they wo ... [Read More]
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
- 12:25:29, Mar 1st 2015 - hum - How about something yo do for the youth! These kids have nothing to do in the s ... [Read More]
- 12:16:31, Mar 1st 2015 - Be honest - This is happening more and more in small towns. Attorney's are telling t ... [Read More]
- 10:52:21, Mar 1st 2015 - doc - Amen! BIG ISSUE ... [Read More]
- 10:13:47, Mar 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - As usual, Yvonne wants to treat the symptoms rather than address the caus ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Elida Petersen, 83, of Rushford died November 28, 2003, at Community Memorial Hospital in Winona.
Elida Bratland was born Dec. 16, 1919 in Rushford, Minn., to John C. and Ida G. (Laumb) Bratland. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1939. She then went on to complete nurses training at Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. She was united in marriage with Arnold Petersen on Oct. 4, 1941, in Rushford, Minn. Arnold preceded her in death Nov. 18, 1974. She worked as a nurse at the Whitehall Asylum, St. Francis Hospital in La Crosse and Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. She was the private nurse to Dr. Gallagher and was a midwife helper at Cotterhall Maternity Home in Rushford. She was also a nurse at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford, and she had the distinction of admitting the first and one-hundredth patients. She was the manager of the Lewiston CU Drive-in and also worked at Camera Art. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aid and WELCA. She also led a Bible study at the Good Shepherd Apartments in Rushford. Survivors include 5 sons; Dennis A. (Karen) Petersen, Rushford, Ronald A. (Peggy) Petersen, Rushford, John A. (Bonnie) Petersen, Rushford, Gregory C. (Marion) Petersen, Caledonia, Minn., David R. (Heidi) Petersen, Winona; a daughter, Colleen M. (Bruce) Volkmann, Winona; 18 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; one sister, Gusta Highum, Good Shepherd Home, Rushford; sister-in-law, Agnes (Obert) Thomley, Chippewa Falls, Wis.; a lifelong friend, Abigail Voight, Mayar, Minn.; many nieces; nephews; cousins; other relative and friends. She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; brother and his wife; sister and her husband; a grandson and granddaughter. A memorial service was held December 1, 2003, at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson and the Rev. David Watson officiating. Burial was in Immanuel (Silo) Lutheran Cemetery, with the Rev. William Meilner officiating. Watkowski-Pronschinske Funeral Home in Winona was in charge of arrangements.