"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, July 23rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:18:31, Jul 22nd 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I am amazed at your seeming inability (or refusal) to distinguis ... [Read More]
- 9:40:07, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Susan Coleman, Danny Cassoloro, John Wilson, Gandy Baugh, Calvin Wa ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Jul 21st 2016 - Herb - Jason, I feel your pain and disgust. I do this on a regular basis on a highwa ... [Read More]
- 7:26:36, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I can't tell you how disppointed I am in your response. In your f ... [Read More]
- 4:06:21, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Thank you for you response. I do use email at work that contains se ... [Read More]
- 3:50:03, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @ Seriously This is only a guess, but I'm assuming Mr. Panko would say "yes" ... [Read More]
- 3:48:22, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @ Seriously This is only a guess, but I'm assuming Mr. Panko would say "yes" ... [Read More]
- 3:34:34, Jul 21st 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth As usual your post contains only babble with no facts and no p ... [Read More]
- 3:19:02, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @leftluvr and former left winger Before you weigh in on commentaries like th ... [Read More]
- 3:12:00, Jul 21st 2016 - seriously? - @herb, If you are correct and unbiased that would mean if Condoleezza Ri ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Elida Petersen, 83, of Rushford died November 28, 2003, at Community Memorial Hospital in Winona.
Elida Bratland was born Dec. 16, 1919 in Rushford, Minn., to John C. and Ida G. (Laumb) Bratland. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1939. She then went on to complete nurses training at Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. She was united in marriage with Arnold Petersen on Oct. 4, 1941, in Rushford, Minn. Arnold preceded her in death Nov. 18, 1974. She worked as a nurse at the Whitehall Asylum, St. Francis Hospital in La Crosse and Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. She was the private nurse to Dr. Gallagher and was a midwife helper at Cotterhall Maternity Home in Rushford. She was also a nurse at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford, and she had the distinction of admitting the first and one-hundredth patients. She was the manager of the Lewiston CU Drive-in and also worked at Camera Art. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aid and WELCA. She also led a Bible study at the Good Shepherd Apartments in Rushford. Survivors include 5 sons; Dennis A. (Karen) Petersen, Rushford, Ronald A. (Peggy) Petersen, Rushford, John A. (Bonnie) Petersen, Rushford, Gregory C. (Marion) Petersen, Caledonia, Minn., David R. (Heidi) Petersen, Winona; a daughter, Colleen M. (Bruce) Volkmann, Winona; 18 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; one sister, Gusta Highum, Good Shepherd Home, Rushford; sister-in-law, Agnes (Obert) Thomley, Chippewa Falls, Wis.; a lifelong friend, Abigail Voight, Mayar, Minn.; many nieces; nephews; cousins; other relative and friends. She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; brother and his wife; sister and her husband; a grandson and granddaughter. A memorial service was held December 1, 2003, at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson and the Rev. David Watson officiating. Burial was in Immanuel (Silo) Lutheran Cemetery, with the Rev. William Meilner officiating. Watkowski-Pronschinske Funeral Home in Winona was in charge of arrangements.