"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 23rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:56:30, May 22nd 2015 - Shame on you - "A gun is an instrument of death. It is designed for one purpose, to k ... [Read More]
- 1:35:20, May 22nd 2015 - Michael - As a Navy veteran I salute Ron Scheevel for his service and sacrifice in Vi ... [Read More]
- 12:48:16, May 22nd 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of points in response. the NRA has had a long history in gu ... [Read More]
- 11:57:35, May 22nd 2015 - RogerClegg - Re felon voting: Glad this bill failed. If you aren’t willing to fo ... [Read More]
- 12:15:00, May 20th 2015 - Shorty - Makes me feel pretty old when I read about people I knew. I would like to ... [Read More]
- 11:34:36, May 20th 2015 - SV80 - To Future: I can empathize with your regarding Hawkeye63. He exhibits all t ... [Read More]
- 12:49:06, May 19th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 My entire argument has been based on legal civil rights argument ... [Read More]
- 7:22:50, May 19th 2015 - hawkeye63 - There you have it fellow citizens, I sure hope America is paying attentio ... [Read More]
- 6:06:44, May 18th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Thank you for a great read. Like an addicting mini-series, I could not ... [Read More]
- 7:26:03, May 17th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 I'm going to address your post per sentence to make it clearer ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arlene Patten, 81, of Felton, Calif., formerly of Harmony, died October 28, 2003, at Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz.
Arlene Benson was born Aug. 11, 1922, in Harmony, attended rural Harmony elementary schools, and graduated from Harmony High School. She had lived in the Santa Cruz-Felton area more than 50 years. She attended Cabrillo College and worked in the medical and dental fields until her retirement. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Santa Cruz. Survivors include her husband, Paul Patten; a stepson, Larry Vessel of Arizona; grandchildren; and great-grandchildren; a sister, Karol Sersland of Decorah, Iowa; and a brother, Orel Benson of Harmony. She was preceded in death by a son, five sisters and five brothers. A memorial service for Arlene Patten was held November 9 at First Baptist Church in Santa Cruz, Calif. Burial was in Stateline Cemetery in Harmony.