"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
- 6:43:45, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - Christan was one of the kids who was caught smoking pot by the school, along ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Rosa Holmen, 95 of Ostrander, died November 27, 2003 at Ostrander Nursing Home, where she had lived for nine years.
Rosa Claassen was born March 5, 1908, in Fredericksburg, Iowa. In October 1923, she married Elmer Holmen in Austin. Mr. Holmen died in 1977. Mrs. Holmen was a longtime LeRoy-area resident. Survivors include four sons, Don (Thelma) of Dexter, Robert (Donna) of LeRoy, Ken (Barb) of Kasson and Russell of Las Vegas; two daughters, Pearl Kashatka of Salem, Ark., and Betty (Truman) Hadoff of Lanesboro; 19 grandchildren; 43 great-grandchildren; several great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Edward Claassen of Albert Lea; and two half-sisters, Jewell Ruud of Spring Valley and Donna Winkels of Austin. Three grandchildren and two brothers preceded her in death. The funeral for Rosa Holmen was December 1, 2003 at Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy, with the Rev. Thomas Kolden officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Cemetery.