"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 19th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
- 7:53:38, Apr 15th 2015 - Listen up puppyboy - Whoever came up with that, that's good! If republicans were as d ... [Read More]
- 6:54:31, Apr 15th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Is it time for a group hug yet? ... [Read More]
- 4:05:24, Apr 15th 2015 - couldn't care less - Dogboy, you don't have the maturity of a man yet, so it's dogboy ... [Read More]
- 3:08:47, Apr 15th 2015 - Jeez - @Dogman Weird, you posted once that the president bailed out GM and Ford, ... [Read More]
- 1:10:08, Apr 15th 2015 - Dogman - You call yourself a left winger? Ha,Ha. You do a heck of a good job making ... [Read More]
- 4:41:42, Apr 14th 2015 - It's true - Vikefan please change your name if you keep commenting, it insults all us ... [Read More]
- 4:20:41, Apr 14th 2015 - oh boy - To Dogman and Vikefan: The garbage you two post is hilarious. Just listing ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Rosa Holmen, 95 of Ostrander, died November 27, 2003 at Ostrander Nursing Home, where she had lived for nine years.
Rosa Claassen was born March 5, 1908, in Fredericksburg, Iowa. In October 1923, she married Elmer Holmen in Austin. Mr. Holmen died in 1977. Mrs. Holmen was a longtime LeRoy-area resident. Survivors include four sons, Don (Thelma) of Dexter, Robert (Donna) of LeRoy, Ken (Barb) of Kasson and Russell of Las Vegas; two daughters, Pearl Kashatka of Salem, Ark., and Betty (Truman) Hadoff of Lanesboro; 19 grandchildren; 43 great-grandchildren; several great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Edward Claassen of Albert Lea; and two half-sisters, Jewell Ruud of Spring Valley and Donna Winkels of Austin. Three grandchildren and two brothers preceded her in death. The funeral for Rosa Holmen was December 1, 2003 at Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy, with the Rev. Thomas Kolden officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Cemetery.