"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 10th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:39:52, Oct 9th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - As someone who was a student at Kingsland from it's beginning, pare ... [Read More]
- 11:23:47, Oct 9th 2015 - Go Falcons!! - I'd like to give a huge shout out to Fillmore Centrals Volleyball coac ... [Read More]
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Rosa Holmen, 95 of Ostrander, died November 27, 2003 at Ostrander Nursing Home, where she had lived for nine years.
Rosa Claassen was born March 5, 1908, in Fredericksburg, Iowa. In October 1923, she married Elmer Holmen in Austin. Mr. Holmen died in 1977. Mrs. Holmen was a longtime LeRoy-area resident. Survivors include four sons, Don (Thelma) of Dexter, Robert (Donna) of LeRoy, Ken (Barb) of Kasson and Russell of Las Vegas; two daughters, Pearl Kashatka of Salem, Ark., and Betty (Truman) Hadoff of Lanesboro; 19 grandchildren; 43 great-grandchildren; several great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Edward Claassen of Albert Lea; and two half-sisters, Jewell Ruud of Spring Valley and Donna Winkels of Austin. Three grandchildren and two brothers preceded her in death. The funeral for Rosa Holmen was December 1, 2003 at Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy, with the Rev. Thomas Kolden officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Cemetery.