"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Rosa Holmen, 95 of Ostrander, died November 27, 2003 at Ostrander Nursing Home, where she had lived for nine years.
Rosa Claassen was born March 5, 1908, in Fredericksburg, Iowa. In October 1923, she married Elmer Holmen in Austin. Mr. Holmen died in 1977. Mrs. Holmen was a longtime LeRoy-area resident. Survivors include four sons, Don (Thelma) of Dexter, Robert (Donna) of LeRoy, Ken (Barb) of Kasson and Russell of Las Vegas; two daughters, Pearl Kashatka of Salem, Ark., and Betty (Truman) Hadoff of Lanesboro; 19 grandchildren; 43 great-grandchildren; several great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Edward Claassen of Albert Lea; and two half-sisters, Jewell Ruud of Spring Valley and Donna Winkels of Austin. Three grandchildren and two brothers preceded her in death. The funeral for Rosa Holmen was December 1, 2003 at Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy, with the Rev. Thomas Kolden officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Cemetery.