"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, November 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald R. Lawstuen, 82, of Lanesboro, a retired dairy farmer, died December 4, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Born Aug. 19, 1921, in rural Lanesboro, he grew up there and graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1941. He was a dairy farmer in rural Lanesboro until 1979, when he retired and moved into town. On Aug. 19, 1943, he married Eleanor Hennessey in Lanesboro, and she preceded him in death in 1969. He and Pearl Berge Olness were married Aug. 8, 1971, in Lanesboro. She is a retired elementary school teacher. They had spent the past 22 winters in Arizona. Survivors include his wife; seven sons, Rodney (Alice) of Alma, Wis., Robert (Cindy) and Joseph, both of Preston, D. James of Casper, Wyo., John (Karen) of Lanesboro, Peter of Minneapolis and Paul of Eagan, Minn.; a daughter, Catherine (William) Allen of Eagan; 33 grandchildren; 36 great-grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren; a stepson, Paul (Carol) Olness of Quartzite, Ariz.; five stepdaughters, Nancy (Larry) Nelson of Mesa, Ariz., Wanita (James) Vigness of Wausau, Wis., Laura Olness of Apache Junction, Ariz., Joyce (David) Rahn of Whalan, and Mary (Manuel) Acevedo of Des Moines, Iowa; and a brother, Robert (Ellen) of Eagan. A daughter preceded him in death. The funeral for Donald R. Lawstuen was December 8, 2003 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.