"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 28th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:26:29, Sep 27th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @ Kim Wentworth, ^the last post was from me. I just wanted to be c ... [Read More]
- 3:44:00, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Thomas E. H.- the planet's temp changes, goes thru cycles, a tweak u ... [Read More]
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
- 12:45:42, Sep 26th 2016 - Hey Hum... - Is it rummer or rumor? ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald R. Lawstuen, 82, of Lanesboro, a retired dairy farmer, died December 4, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Born Aug. 19, 1921, in rural Lanesboro, he grew up there and graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1941. He was a dairy farmer in rural Lanesboro until 1979, when he retired and moved into town. On Aug. 19, 1943, he married Eleanor Hennessey in Lanesboro, and she preceded him in death in 1969. He and Pearl Berge Olness were married Aug. 8, 1971, in Lanesboro. She is a retired elementary school teacher. They had spent the past 22 winters in Arizona. Survivors include his wife; seven sons, Rodney (Alice) of Alma, Wis., Robert (Cindy) and Joseph, both of Preston, D. James of Casper, Wyo., John (Karen) of Lanesboro, Peter of Minneapolis and Paul of Eagan, Minn.; a daughter, Catherine (William) Allen of Eagan; 33 grandchildren; 36 great-grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren; a stepson, Paul (Carol) Olness of Quartzite, Ariz.; five stepdaughters, Nancy (Larry) Nelson of Mesa, Ariz., Wanita (James) Vigness of Wausau, Wis., Laura Olness of Apache Junction, Ariz., Joyce (David) Rahn of Whalan, and Mary (Manuel) Acevedo of Des Moines, Iowa; and a brother, Robert (Ellen) of Eagan. A daughter preceded him in death. The funeral for Donald R. Lawstuen was December 8, 2003 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.