"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:40:54, Feb 27th 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 4:55:27, Feb 27th 2015 - oh wow - Really people. Having a fit about Kwik Trip and a beer license? Get a lif ... [Read More]
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
- 2:59:54, Feb 27th 2015 - BIG ISSUE - One big issue is the terrible internet and cable - There are many people ... [Read More]
- 2:26:10, Feb 27th 2015 - Public Information - Anyone know who the city attorney is for Peterson? ... [Read More]
- 7:18:47, Feb 27th 2015 - WhaT@JoKE - Happy to see i am not the only one that sees the Bully in Fountain farmer ... [Read More]
- 6:51:38, Feb 27th 2015 - OH WOW - Fountain farmer there u go again trying to start a fight. U know there is fr ... [Read More]
- 3:01:47, Feb 26th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, I'm a recording secretary for an organization and items like ... [Read More]
- 2:42:22, Feb 25th 2015 - doc - Oh, FountainFarmer, the 3.2 license was just renewed then. That's big news. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald R. Lawstuen, 82, of Lanesboro, a retired dairy farmer, died December 4, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Born Aug. 19, 1921, in rural Lanesboro, he grew up there and graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1941. He was a dairy farmer in rural Lanesboro until 1979, when he retired and moved into town. On Aug. 19, 1943, he married Eleanor Hennessey in Lanesboro, and she preceded him in death in 1969. He and Pearl Berge Olness were married Aug. 8, 1971, in Lanesboro. She is a retired elementary school teacher. They had spent the past 22 winters in Arizona. Survivors include his wife; seven sons, Rodney (Alice) of Alma, Wis., Robert (Cindy) and Joseph, both of Preston, D. James of Casper, Wyo., John (Karen) of Lanesboro, Peter of Minneapolis and Paul of Eagan, Minn.; a daughter, Catherine (William) Allen of Eagan; 33 grandchildren; 36 great-grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren; a stepson, Paul (Carol) Olness of Quartzite, Ariz.; five stepdaughters, Nancy (Larry) Nelson of Mesa, Ariz., Wanita (James) Vigness of Wausau, Wis., Laura Olness of Apache Junction, Ariz., Joyce (David) Rahn of Whalan, and Mary (Manuel) Acevedo of Des Moines, Iowa; and a brother, Robert (Ellen) of Eagan. A daughter preceded him in death. The funeral for Donald R. Lawstuen was December 8, 2003 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.