"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald R. Lawstuen, 82, of Lanesboro, a retired dairy farmer, died December 4, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Born Aug. 19, 1921, in rural Lanesboro, he grew up there and graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1941. He was a dairy farmer in rural Lanesboro until 1979, when he retired and moved into town. On Aug. 19, 1943, he married Eleanor Hennessey in Lanesboro, and she preceded him in death in 1969. He and Pearl Berge Olness were married Aug. 8, 1971, in Lanesboro. She is a retired elementary school teacher. They had spent the past 22 winters in Arizona. Survivors include his wife; seven sons, Rodney (Alice) of Alma, Wis., Robert (Cindy) and Joseph, both of Preston, D. James of Casper, Wyo., John (Karen) of Lanesboro, Peter of Minneapolis and Paul of Eagan, Minn.; a daughter, Catherine (William) Allen of Eagan; 33 grandchildren; 36 great-grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren; a stepson, Paul (Carol) Olness of Quartzite, Ariz.; five stepdaughters, Nancy (Larry) Nelson of Mesa, Ariz., Wanita (James) Vigness of Wausau, Wis., Laura Olness of Apache Junction, Ariz., Joyce (David) Rahn of Whalan, and Mary (Manuel) Acevedo of Des Moines, Iowa; and a brother, Robert (Ellen) of Eagan. A daughter preceded him in death. The funeral for Donald R. Lawstuen was December 8, 2003 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.