"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, November 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
- 3:40:51, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - I can't find anywhere that Mr. Gudmundson was guilty of plagiarism. What ... [Read More]
- 12:12:31, Nov 24th 2015 - Repairing Kingsland will take years - The first step is to get rid of useless McDona ... [Read More]
- 11:22:40, Nov 24th 2015 - @Wykoff Stays - Good to hear that your so upbeat about the Wykoff school staying ope ... [Read More]
- 9:40:41, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - I don't have blind fatih in Stan, he's been proven wrong too many time ... [Read More]
- 9:14:55, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - Just like it did the vote yes group. Stan has laid the facts out there fr ... [Read More]
- 8:07:04, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - It was well known FACT going into the 2002 vote. But as we have seen ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald R. Lawstuen, 82, of Lanesboro, a retired dairy farmer, died December 4, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Born Aug. 19, 1921, in rural Lanesboro, he grew up there and graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1941. He was a dairy farmer in rural Lanesboro until 1979, when he retired and moved into town. On Aug. 19, 1943, he married Eleanor Hennessey in Lanesboro, and she preceded him in death in 1969. He and Pearl Berge Olness were married Aug. 8, 1971, in Lanesboro. She is a retired elementary school teacher. They had spent the past 22 winters in Arizona. Survivors include his wife; seven sons, Rodney (Alice) of Alma, Wis., Robert (Cindy) and Joseph, both of Preston, D. James of Casper, Wyo., John (Karen) of Lanesboro, Peter of Minneapolis and Paul of Eagan, Minn.; a daughter, Catherine (William) Allen of Eagan; 33 grandchildren; 36 great-grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren; a stepson, Paul (Carol) Olness of Quartzite, Ariz.; five stepdaughters, Nancy (Larry) Nelson of Mesa, Ariz., Wanita (James) Vigness of Wausau, Wis., Laura Olness of Apache Junction, Ariz., Joyce (David) Rahn of Whalan, and Mary (Manuel) Acevedo of Des Moines, Iowa; and a brother, Robert (Ellen) of Eagan. A daughter preceded him in death. The funeral for Donald R. Lawstuen was December 8, 2003 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.