"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Everett Leslie Main, 81, of Spring Valley, formerly of Ostrander, died December 14, 2003 at Olmsted Medical Center Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Feb. 7, 1922, in Runnells, Iowa to Emory and Mary (Hadsell) Main. On Sept. 3, 1943, he married Eva Bly in Clarks Grove, Minn. Mr. Main farmed in the Ostrander area for more than 30 years. He served on the school board, Bennington Township Board, Spring Valley Mutual Insurance Board, was deacon at the Spring Valley Baptist Church for more than 50 years and in 1996 received the American Hometown Leadership Award. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Mary Ellen (Jerry) Ray of Tacoma, Wash., Eunice (Al) Mahlum of Spring Valley and Pat (Jim) Pacyna of Rochester; nine grandchildren; a great-grandson; and three sisters, Gladys of Fairbanks, Alaska, Odessa of Longview, Wash., and Hilda (Art) of Juneau, Alaska. He was preceded in death two sons, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Everett Leslie Main was December 17, 2003 at First Baptist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Joe Haynes officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.