"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:51:48, Mar 27th 2015 - Vikefan 1 - Thanks, Mr. Van Gorp, for speaking out. I'm 100% with you. ... [Read More]
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
- 6:55:20, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left In addition please watch your spelling. I ... [Read More]
- 2:38:08, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - I take full ownership of what I wrote. Where did you get the idea that I ... [Read More]
- 12:15:11, Mar 25th 2015 - old farmer - Good job Gabrielle, just a couple extra thoughts. Animals deserve our w ... [Read More]
- 9:18:51, Mar 25th 2015 - luver of all thingss laft - Vikean1 dude don't blame them, take some ownership of wat ... [Read More]
- 11:34:43, Mar 24th 2015 - LOOKonTheBrightSide - Cheer up guys, you're all idiots regardless of political party ... [Read More]
- 11:27:21, Mar 24th 2015 - Jaded - Thanks for turning a teenager's journal project as a springboard for your ow ... [Read More]
- 8:41:18, Mar 24th 2015 - tootsie - I enjoyed your story about your great, great grandmothers Norwegian trunk. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Everett Leslie Main, 81, of Spring Valley, formerly of Ostrander, died December 14, 2003 at Olmsted Medical Center Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Feb. 7, 1922, in Runnells, Iowa to Emory and Mary (Hadsell) Main. On Sept. 3, 1943, he married Eva Bly in Clarks Grove, Minn. Mr. Main farmed in the Ostrander area for more than 30 years. He served on the school board, Bennington Township Board, Spring Valley Mutual Insurance Board, was deacon at the Spring Valley Baptist Church for more than 50 years and in 1996 received the American Hometown Leadership Award. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Mary Ellen (Jerry) Ray of Tacoma, Wash., Eunice (Al) Mahlum of Spring Valley and Pat (Jim) Pacyna of Rochester; nine grandchildren; a great-grandson; and three sisters, Gladys of Fairbanks, Alaska, Odessa of Longview, Wash., and Hilda (Art) of Juneau, Alaska. He was preceded in death two sons, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Everett Leslie Main was December 17, 2003 at First Baptist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Joe Haynes officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.