"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elsa D. ‘Sis’ Johnson, 80, of Rochester, formerly of Rushford, died December 15, 2003 at her home in Fontaine Towers.
Elsa D. Youngs was born June 16, 1923, in Great Neck, N.Y., to Frederick Tolley Youngs Jr. and Elsa Jenny Augusta Schwensen Youngs. She lived in New York until her late teens when she moved to Miami with her family. On Feb. 2, 1945, she married Wesley D. Johnson at the Episcopal Church in Miami. They lived in southeastern Minnesota and Miami until 1954, when they bought a farm near Rushford. Her husband died Sept. 20, 1972, and she continued to live on the farm until moving to Fontaine Towers two years ago. Mrs. Johnson was employed at Camera Art in Lewiston for 12 years and specialized in air brushing photographs. Following retirement, she volunteered at Community Memorial Hospital in Winona, where she was director of the aviary. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church, Rushford Garden Club and Rushford Saddle Club. Survivors include two sons, Wayne (Sharon K.) and Linden (Heidi,) both of Rushford; a daughter, Sharon D. Johnson of Rochester; five grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter. A sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Elsa D. “Sis” Johnson was December 18, 2003 at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in Whalan Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.