"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:26:29, Sep 27th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @ Kim Wentworth, ^the last post was from me. I just wanted to be c ... [Read More]
- 3:44:00, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Thomas E. H.- the planet's temp changes, goes thru cycles, a tweak u ... [Read More]
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
- 12:45:42, Sep 26th 2016 - Hey Hum... - Is it rummer or rumor? ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elsa D. ‘Sis’ Johnson, 80, of Rochester, formerly of Rushford, died December 15, 2003 at her home in Fontaine Towers.
Elsa D. Youngs was born June 16, 1923, in Great Neck, N.Y., to Frederick Tolley Youngs Jr. and Elsa Jenny Augusta Schwensen Youngs. She lived in New York until her late teens when she moved to Miami with her family. On Feb. 2, 1945, she married Wesley D. Johnson at the Episcopal Church in Miami. They lived in southeastern Minnesota and Miami until 1954, when they bought a farm near Rushford. Her husband died Sept. 20, 1972, and she continued to live on the farm until moving to Fontaine Towers two years ago. Mrs. Johnson was employed at Camera Art in Lewiston for 12 years and specialized in air brushing photographs. Following retirement, she volunteered at Community Memorial Hospital in Winona, where she was director of the aviary. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church, Rushford Garden Club and Rushford Saddle Club. Survivors include two sons, Wayne (Sharon K.) and Linden (Heidi,) both of Rushford; a daughter, Sharon D. Johnson of Rochester; five grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter. A sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Elsa D. “Sis” Johnson was December 18, 2003 at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in Whalan Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.