"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my voteđź‘Ť - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elsa D. ‘Sis’ Johnson, 80, of Rochester, formerly of Rushford, died December 15, 2003 at her home in Fontaine Towers.
Elsa D. Youngs was born June 16, 1923, in Great Neck, N.Y., to Frederick Tolley Youngs Jr. and Elsa Jenny Augusta Schwensen Youngs. She lived in New York until her late teens when she moved to Miami with her family. On Feb. 2, 1945, she married Wesley D. Johnson at the Episcopal Church in Miami. They lived in southeastern Minnesota and Miami until 1954, when they bought a farm near Rushford. Her husband died Sept. 20, 1972, and she continued to live on the farm until moving to Fontaine Towers two years ago. Mrs. Johnson was employed at Camera Art in Lewiston for 12 years and specialized in air brushing photographs. Following retirement, she volunteered at Community Memorial Hospital in Winona, where she was director of the aviary. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church, Rushford Garden Club and Rushford Saddle Club. Survivors include two sons, Wayne (Sharon K.) and Linden (Heidi,) both of Rushford; a daughter, Sharon D. Johnson of Rochester; five grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter. A sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Elsa D. “Sis” Johnson was December 18, 2003 at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in Whalan Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.