"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
- 6:22:03, Jul 22nd 2015 - Let's see - And the big piles they make in middle of roads that u have to drive up an ... [Read More]
- 10:55:05, Jul 21st 2015 - BareMinimum - Maybe now side streets can get plowed! Sick of the terrible condition ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elsa D. ‘Sis’ Johnson, 80, of Rochester, formerly of Rushford, died December 15, 2003 at her home in Fontaine Towers.
Elsa D. Youngs was born June 16, 1923, in Great Neck, N.Y., to Frederick Tolley Youngs Jr. and Elsa Jenny Augusta Schwensen Youngs. She lived in New York until her late teens when she moved to Miami with her family. On Feb. 2, 1945, she married Wesley D. Johnson at the Episcopal Church in Miami. They lived in southeastern Minnesota and Miami until 1954, when they bought a farm near Rushford. Her husband died Sept. 20, 1972, and she continued to live on the farm until moving to Fontaine Towers two years ago. Mrs. Johnson was employed at Camera Art in Lewiston for 12 years and specialized in air brushing photographs. Following retirement, she volunteered at Community Memorial Hospital in Winona, where she was director of the aviary. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church, Rushford Garden Club and Rushford Saddle Club. Survivors include two sons, Wayne (Sharon K.) and Linden (Heidi,) both of Rushford; a daughter, Sharon D. Johnson of Rochester; five grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter. A sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Elsa D. “Sis” Johnson was December 18, 2003 at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in Whalan Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.