"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 18th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
- 7:53:38, Apr 15th 2015 - Listen up puppyboy - Whoever came up with that, that's good! If republicans were as d ... [Read More]
- 6:54:31, Apr 15th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Is it time for a group hug yet? ... [Read More]
- 4:05:24, Apr 15th 2015 - couldn't care less - Dogboy, you don't have the maturity of a man yet, so it's dogboy ... [Read More]
- 3:08:47, Apr 15th 2015 - Jeez - @Dogman Weird, you posted once that the president bailed out GM and Ford, ... [Read More]
- 1:10:08, Apr 15th 2015 - Dogman - You call yourself a left winger? Ha,Ha. You do a heck of a good job making ... [Read More]
- 4:41:42, Apr 14th 2015 - It's true - Vikefan please change your name if you keep commenting, it insults all us ... [Read More]
- 4:20:41, Apr 14th 2015 - oh boy - To Dogman and Vikefan: The garbage you two post is hilarious. Just listing ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elsa D. ‘Sis’ Johnson, 80, of Rochester, formerly of Rushford, died December 15, 2003 at her home in Fontaine Towers.
Elsa D. Youngs was born June 16, 1923, in Great Neck, N.Y., to Frederick Tolley Youngs Jr. and Elsa Jenny Augusta Schwensen Youngs. She lived in New York until her late teens when she moved to Miami with her family. On Feb. 2, 1945, she married Wesley D. Johnson at the Episcopal Church in Miami. They lived in southeastern Minnesota and Miami until 1954, when they bought a farm near Rushford. Her husband died Sept. 20, 1972, and she continued to live on the farm until moving to Fontaine Towers two years ago. Mrs. Johnson was employed at Camera Art in Lewiston for 12 years and specialized in air brushing photographs. Following retirement, she volunteered at Community Memorial Hospital in Winona, where she was director of the aviary. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church, Rushford Garden Club and Rushford Saddle Club. Survivors include two sons, Wayne (Sharon K.) and Linden (Heidi,) both of Rushford; a daughter, Sharon D. Johnson of Rochester; five grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter. A sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Elsa D. “Sis” Johnson was December 18, 2003 at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in Whalan Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.