"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:21:36, Nov 30th 2015 - Andy Wolter - Hey ol' neighbor! Apparently the FCJ doesn't archive your columns; I ca ... [Read More]
- 4:58:14, Nov 30th 2015 - doc - I ordered a California burger for take out. It was a really tasty burger and it ... [Read More]
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Stanley Richard East, 64, of rural Harmony, a longtime area farmer, died December 10, 2003 at his home.
Born March 31, 1939, in Cresco, Iowa, he attended Bristol Grove rural school, graduated from Harmony High School and attended the University of Minnesota. From 1962 to 1964, he served in the Army and was stationed in Okinawa. On July 30, 1966, he married Joan Smith at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Winona. Mr. East farmed in rural Harmony all his life. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Carolyn (Mark) Grotjohn of Stewartville; a son, Jonathan (Michelle) of Rochester; four grandchildren; his mother, Nora East of Harmony; and two sisters, Kathy (Bruce) Ause of Red Wing and Shirley (Rick) Lenz of Fort Worth, Texas. He was preceded in death by his father. The funeral for Stanley Richard East was December 17, 2003 at Root River Church of the Brethren in rural Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.