"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
- 6:22:03, Jul 22nd 2015 - Let's see - And the big piles they make in middle of roads that u have to drive up an ... [Read More]
- 10:55:05, Jul 21st 2015 - BareMinimum - Maybe now side streets can get plowed! Sick of the terrible condition ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Byron F. Casterton, age 96, of Harmony, formerly of Mabel and Spring Grove, died December 17, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare in Harmony, Minnesota.
Born February 8, 1907 in Prosper, Minnesota to Lester and Mary (Skalla) Casterton. He attended the Prosper School then started farming in that area. On December 4, 1941 he married Constance M. Moen at the Assumption Church Rectory in Canton. Mr. Casterton farmed near Prosper until retiring and moving to Mabel in 1972. During retirement he painted houses until the mid 1990ís and in 1996 they moved to Spring Grove and resided there until February, 2003 when they moved to Harmony. He was an active member of the St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel and had formerly served for many years on the Canton Township Board. Survivors include his wife; two daughters Elayne (Dante) Cannarozzi of Scituate, Massachusetts and Sharon (Edwin) Balmer of Fort Collins, Colorado; six grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and two sisters Gladys Johnson of Mabel and Vera Bidsler of Harmony. He was preceded in death by his parents; five brothers and an infant; and two sisters. The Funeral Mass for Byron F. Casterton was December 20, 2003 at the St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel with Father Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in the Calvary Cemetery in Canton, Minnesota. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.