"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Byron F. Casterton, age 96, of Harmony, formerly of Mabel and Spring Grove, died December 17, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare in Harmony, Minnesota.
Born February 8, 1907 in Prosper, Minnesota to Lester and Mary (Skalla) Casterton. He attended the Prosper School then started farming in that area. On December 4, 1941 he married Constance M. Moen at the Assumption Church Rectory in Canton. Mr. Casterton farmed near Prosper until retiring and moving to Mabel in 1972. During retirement he painted houses until the mid 1990’s and in 1996 they moved to Spring Grove and resided there until February, 2003 when they moved to Harmony. He was an active member of the St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel and had formerly served for many years on the Canton Township Board. Survivors include his wife; two daughters Elayne (Dante) Cannarozzi of Scituate, Massachusetts and Sharon (Edwin) Balmer of Fort Collins, Colorado; six grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and two sisters Gladys Johnson of Mabel and Vera Bidsler of Harmony. He was preceded in death by his parents; five brothers and an infant; and two sisters. The Funeral Mass for Byron F. Casterton was December 20, 2003 at the St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel with Father Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in the Calvary Cemetery in Canton, Minnesota. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.