"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Byron F. Casterton, age 96, of Harmony, formerly of Mabel and Spring Grove, died December 17, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare in Harmony, Minnesota.
Born February 8, 1907 in Prosper, Minnesota to Lester and Mary (Skalla) Casterton. He attended the Prosper School then started farming in that area. On December 4, 1941 he married Constance M. Moen at the Assumption Church Rectory in Canton. Mr. Casterton farmed near Prosper until retiring and moving to Mabel in 1972. During retirement he painted houses until the mid 1990ís and in 1996 they moved to Spring Grove and resided there until February, 2003 when they moved to Harmony. He was an active member of the St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel and had formerly served for many years on the Canton Township Board. Survivors include his wife; two daughters Elayne (Dante) Cannarozzi of Scituate, Massachusetts and Sharon (Edwin) Balmer of Fort Collins, Colorado; six grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and two sisters Gladys Johnson of Mabel and Vera Bidsler of Harmony. He was preceded in death by his parents; five brothers and an infant; and two sisters. The Funeral Mass for Byron F. Casterton was December 20, 2003 at the St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel with Father Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in the Calvary Cemetery in Canton, Minnesota. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.