"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:04:17, Oct 1st 2014 - linda hovland - As Andy Prinsen knows, I research and I go to meetings to get all the ... [Read More]
- 7:44:37, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 6:50:00, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Byron F. Casterton, age 96, of Harmony, formerly of Mabel and Spring Grove, died December 17, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare in Harmony, Minnesota.
Born February 8, 1907 in Prosper, Minnesota to Lester and Mary (Skalla) Casterton. He attended the Prosper School then started farming in that area. On December 4, 1941 he married Constance M. Moen at the Assumption Church Rectory in Canton. Mr. Casterton farmed near Prosper until retiring and moving to Mabel in 1972. During retirement he painted houses until the mid 1990ís and in 1996 they moved to Spring Grove and resided there until February, 2003 when they moved to Harmony. He was an active member of the St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel and had formerly served for many years on the Canton Township Board. Survivors include his wife; two daughters Elayne (Dante) Cannarozzi of Scituate, Massachusetts and Sharon (Edwin) Balmer of Fort Collins, Colorado; six grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and two sisters Gladys Johnson of Mabel and Vera Bidsler of Harmony. He was preceded in death by his parents; five brothers and an infant; and two sisters. The Funeral Mass for Byron F. Casterton was December 20, 2003 at the St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel with Father Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in the Calvary Cemetery in Canton, Minnesota. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.