"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:41:24, May 29th 2015 - SV80 - Mr. Wentworth: You said, "the global warming wackos are jumping off the bandw ... [Read More]
- 7:18:59, May 29th 2015 - - June 1st 2015 hasn't happened yet. ... [Read More]
- 10:19:36, May 29th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80 and doc- I stand by what I posted earlier and reasons I gave. ... [Read More]
- 7:01:26, May 29th 2015 - doc - SV80, very good analogy comparing the cancer diagnosis to global warming. I th ... [Read More]
- 6:51:24, May 29th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Redhorsie51....you must be another one that paid no attention whil ... [Read More]
- 6:09:48, May 29th 2015 - hum - Kingslandgrad, and livinthedream always have stupid posts. Kingslandgrad doesn' ... [Read More]
- 10:10:17, May 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - EXCUSE ME............... BUSH IS AT FAULT? AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE THAT ... [Read More]
- 9:06:07, May 28th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Funny how people that actually left Harmony still expect everythin ... [Read More]
- 7:57:41, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - expat, The housing incentives that Harmony offers is nothing ne ... [Read More]
- 7:48:14, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - Play Nice, just ignore Col. Gudmundson. He has an opinion about ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Byron F. Casterton, age 96, of Harmony, formerly of Mabel and Spring Grove, died December 17, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare in Harmony, Minnesota.
Born February 8, 1907 in Prosper, Minnesota to Lester and Mary (Skalla) Casterton. He attended the Prosper School then started farming in that area. On December 4, 1941 he married Constance M. Moen at the Assumption Church Rectory in Canton. Mr. Casterton farmed near Prosper until retiring and moving to Mabel in 1972. During retirement he painted houses until the mid 1990ís and in 1996 they moved to Spring Grove and resided there until February, 2003 when they moved to Harmony. He was an active member of the St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel and had formerly served for many years on the Canton Township Board. Survivors include his wife; two daughters Elayne (Dante) Cannarozzi of Scituate, Massachusetts and Sharon (Edwin) Balmer of Fort Collins, Colorado; six grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and two sisters Gladys Johnson of Mabel and Vera Bidsler of Harmony. He was preceded in death by his parents; five brothers and an infant; and two sisters. The Funeral Mass for Byron F. Casterton was December 20, 2003 at the St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel with Father Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in the Calvary Cemetery in Canton, Minnesota. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.