"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 15th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniersâ€™ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
- 3:43:26, Sep 6th 2014 - CBJapan - The article endorses my view here in Japan. My thought; http://conserva ... [Read More]
- 6:11:27, Sep 5th 2014 - justdontgetit - The one kid turned 15 in Nov. Of 2013 ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marie Louisa Ahlers Bock, 93, of Spring Valley, a former farm homemaker, died December 15, 2003 at the Ostrander Nursing Home.
Marie Louise Ahlers was born Jan. 8, 1910, in Pender, Neb. to Johann and Johanna Ahlers who had each immigrated from Germany. On April 4, 1934, she married Alvin Theodore “Carl” Bock in Cresco, Iowa. They farmed in the Lime Springs, Iowa, Ostrander and Brush, Colo., areas until 1972, when they retired and moved to Spring Valley. Her husband died Aug. 28, 1981. Mrs. Bock was a charter member of the Lime Springs Lutheran Church and a current member of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander where she was active in Ladies Aid and Mission Circle. She was a longtime member of the Spring Valley Hospital and Nursing Home Auxiliary and was a Fillmore County home health aide for a number of years. Survivors include three daughters, Joanne Bock and Karen (Phil) Jones, both of Chouteau, Okla., and Gayle (Al) Kaufman of Point Richmond, Calif.; a son, Allen (Lori) of Cumberland, Wis.; and two grandchildren. A sister and two stepsisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Marie Louisa Ahlers Bock was December 19, 2003 at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Bloomfield Cemetery in rural Ostrander. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.