"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
- 7:37:34, Dec 19th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - HE IS A CLASS ACT AND APPARENTLY HIS WIFE IS ALSO. ENJOY RETIREMENT TOG ... [Read More]
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
- 9:29:07, Dec 19th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Rest in Peace Daryl. Classmate of 73, Judy ... [Read More]
- 11:39:12, Dec 17th 2014 - SgtRock - I guess I hit a sore spot. The comments Jeff made in his article are his ... [Read More]
- 4:06:16, Dec 17th 2014 - @SGT Rock - "You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning f ... [Read More]
- 12:59:15, Dec 16th 2014 - SgtRock - You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning for ... [Read More]
- 6:53:39, Dec 15th 2014 - - Enough with the Liberal bashing!!!! ... [Read More]
- 12:43:11, Dec 9th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Wow! Yes, people are entitled to their opinion anytime they feel fre ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Axel Hjalmar ‘Doc’ Bendickson, 85, of Spring Valley, died December 14, 2003 at the Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born Nov. 19, 1918, in Randall, Wis. In 1943 he joined the military, was put into the medical enlisted transport detachment and served sea duty for two years. He attended Rush City, Minn., schools, St. Cloud Teachers College and graduated from St. Paul College of Veterinary Medicine in 1954. He owned his own practice in LeRoy and after retiring was a meat inspector from 1975 to 1987. In 1955, he married Allene “Allie” Austin in Adams. She died in 2000. Survivors include a stepdaughter, Meredith “Tootie” Foster of Spring Valley; a stepson, James (Ada) Austin of Harmony; six grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter. He was preceded in death by a grandson, two brothers and a sister. The funeral for Axel Hjalmar “Doc” Bendickson was December 18, 2003 at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Thomas Kolden officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Lutheran Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.