"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Axel Hjalmar ‘Doc’ Bendickson, 85, of Spring Valley, died December 14, 2003 at the Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born Nov. 19, 1918, in Randall, Wis. In 1943 he joined the military, was put into the medical enlisted transport detachment and served sea duty for two years. He attended Rush City, Minn., schools, St. Cloud Teachers College and graduated from St. Paul College of Veterinary Medicine in 1954. He owned his own practice in LeRoy and after retiring was a meat inspector from 1975 to 1987. In 1955, he married Allene “Allie” Austin in Adams. She died in 2000. Survivors include a stepdaughter, Meredith “Tootie” Foster of Spring Valley; a stepson, James (Ada) Austin of Harmony; six grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter. He was preceded in death by a grandson, two brothers and a sister. The funeral for Axel Hjalmar “Doc” Bendickson was December 18, 2003 at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Thomas Kolden officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Lutheran Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.