"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:06:26, May 28th 2015 - Shame on you - To Kim Wentworth: Global warming is a farce. See what the Weather ... [Read More]
- 8:56:22, May 28th 2015 - Shame on you - TO SV80: Yes, you are right, law enforcement would force you off the ... [Read More]
- 10:11:02, May 27th 2015 - SmartMoney - So, when companies that sell "milk, or a TV, or whatever," also increas ... [Read More]
- 2:38:02, May 27th 2015 - sv80 - Mr. Wentworth: What would happen if I decided to drive a large-tracked caterp ... [Read More]
- 1:51:51, May 27th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80- didn't I read somewhere that we as a people came to this land ... [Read More]
- 1:43:11, May 27th 2015 - What? - "Stricter gun regulation will not stop crime, but it will reduce it" Ya, t ... [Read More]
- 10:53:16, May 27th 2015 - LOLZ - Well sv80, that's what separates the clock punchers from the people that thin ... [Read More]
- 10:50:46, May 27th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Time for all of the goldbrickers to get back to work. You know wh ... [Read More]
- 8:27:56, May 27th 2015 - sv80 - The US has the highest gun/crime rate of any highly advanced first world count ... [Read More]
- 6:25:36, May 27th 2015 - waytogo - You r so right kim. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I sat my g ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Axel Hjalmar ‘Doc’ Bendickson, 85, of Spring Valley, died December 14, 2003 at the Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born Nov. 19, 1918, in Randall, Wis. In 1943 he joined the military, was put into the medical enlisted transport detachment and served sea duty for two years. He attended Rush City, Minn., schools, St. Cloud Teachers College and graduated from St. Paul College of Veterinary Medicine in 1954. He owned his own practice in LeRoy and after retiring was a meat inspector from 1975 to 1987. In 1955, he married Allene “Allie” Austin in Adams. She died in 2000. Survivors include a stepdaughter, Meredith “Tootie” Foster of Spring Valley; a stepson, James (Ada) Austin of Harmony; six grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter. He was preceded in death by a grandson, two brothers and a sister. The funeral for Axel Hjalmar “Doc” Bendickson was December 18, 2003 at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Thomas Kolden officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Lutheran Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.