"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
- 6:22:03, Jul 22nd 2015 - Let's see - And the big piles they make in middle of roads that u have to drive up an ... [Read More]
- 10:55:05, Jul 21st 2015 - BareMinimum - Maybe now side streets can get plowed! Sick of the terrible condition ... [Read More]
- 10:03:19, Jul 20th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul and the song writer- forgot your spellcheck / the glaciers and ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Axel Hjalmar ‘Doc’ Bendickson, 85, of Spring Valley, died December 14, 2003 at the Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born Nov. 19, 1918, in Randall, Wis. In 1943 he joined the military, was put into the medical enlisted transport detachment and served sea duty for two years. He attended Rush City, Minn., schools, St. Cloud Teachers College and graduated from St. Paul College of Veterinary Medicine in 1954. He owned his own practice in LeRoy and after retiring was a meat inspector from 1975 to 1987. In 1955, he married Allene “Allie” Austin in Adams. She died in 2000. Survivors include a stepdaughter, Meredith “Tootie” Foster of Spring Valley; a stepson, James (Ada) Austin of Harmony; six grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter. He was preceded in death by a grandson, two brothers and a sister. The funeral for Axel Hjalmar “Doc” Bendickson was December 18, 2003 at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Thomas Kolden officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Lutheran Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.