"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, April 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:45:13, Apr 26th 2015 - LOLZ - Do the corporations disclose the list of chemicals used in fracking? I didn't ... [Read More]
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
- 2:39:36, Apr 20th 2015 - LOLZ - I do agree that "Just Say No" was about the lamest thing ever spoken by Frank ... [Read More]
- 12:12:47, Apr 20th 2015 - Sheriff Tom Kaase - Very well done! ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Axel Hjalmar ‘Doc’ Bendickson, 85, of Spring Valley, died December 14, 2003 at the Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born Nov. 19, 1918, in Randall, Wis. In 1943 he joined the military, was put into the medical enlisted transport detachment and served sea duty for two years. He attended Rush City, Minn., schools, St. Cloud Teachers College and graduated from St. Paul College of Veterinary Medicine in 1954. He owned his own practice in LeRoy and after retiring was a meat inspector from 1975 to 1987. In 1955, he married Allene “Allie” Austin in Adams. She died in 2000. Survivors include a stepdaughter, Meredith “Tootie” Foster of Spring Valley; a stepson, James (Ada) Austin of Harmony; six grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter. He was preceded in death by a grandson, two brothers and a sister. The funeral for Axel Hjalmar “Doc” Bendickson was December 18, 2003 at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Thomas Kolden officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Lutheran Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.