"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, September 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 8th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Visit two Winona County Minnesota grape growing operations to discuss "bud break," young shoots and other spring grape growing issues on Saturday, April 30, from 9:30 am to 4 pm.
In the morning, you will tour Bob and April Heiring's newly planted vineyard just off US Highway 61 North of Dakota. After the on-farm lunch, the afternoon tour will be at Harry and Jackie Hoch's diversified, Hoch Orchard and Gardens, on a ridge top above La Crescent. There, you will walk an older, organic vineyard.
Expert field guides are John Thull and Jenny Bradley, who care for the University of Minnesota's vineyard at the Horticultural Research Center.
There is a cost for the event. The class will be held rain or shine. Class is limited to the first 40 registrants. Registration began March 21 and ends when filled. Pre-registration is required, and the on-farm lunch is included. To reserve a spot, call Terry Schell, U of M Extension - Winona, Government Office Bldg, 202 W. Third Street, Winona MN 55987 (507) 457-6440 Mon-Friday 8 am to 11:30 am. Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks to University of Minnesota Details will be e-mailed or mailed to you.
Questions, contact Tom van der Linden, U of M Extension Educator - Winona County, 74 W. Third St., Winona, MN 55987. Tuesday is generally his office day, he works half time. Call 507-457-6445 or e-mail email@example.com