"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 8th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Visit two Winona County Minnesota grape growing operations to discuss "bud break," young shoots and other spring grape growing issues on Saturday, April 30, from 9:30 am to 4 pm.
In the morning, you will tour Bob and April Heiring's newly planted vineyard just off US Highway 61 North of Dakota. After the on-farm lunch, the afternoon tour will be at Harry and Jackie Hoch's diversified, Hoch Orchard and Gardens, on a ridge top above La Crescent. There, you will walk an older, organic vineyard.
Expert field guides are John Thull and Jenny Bradley, who care for the University of Minnesota's vineyard at the Horticultural Research Center.
There is a cost for the event. The class will be held rain or shine. Class is limited to the first 40 registrants. Registration began March 21 and ends when filled. Pre-registration is required, and the on-farm lunch is included. To reserve a spot, call Terry Schell, U of M Extension - Winona, Government Office Bldg, 202 W. Third Street, Winona MN 55987 (507) 457-6440 Mon-Friday 8 am to 11:30 am. Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks to University of Minnesota Details will be e-mailed or mailed to you.
Questions, contact Tom van der Linden, U of M Extension Educator - Winona County, 74 W. Third St., Winona, MN 55987. Tuesday is generally his office day, he works half time. Call 507-457-6445 or e-mail email@example.com