"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 8th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Visit two Winona County Minnesota grape growing operations to discuss "bud break," young shoots and other spring grape growing issues on Saturday, April 30, from 9:30 am to 4 pm.
In the morning, you will tour Bob and April Heiring's newly planted vineyard just off US Highway 61 North of Dakota. After the on-farm lunch, the afternoon tour will be at Harry and Jackie Hoch's diversified, Hoch Orchard and Gardens, on a ridge top above La Crescent. There, you will walk an older, organic vineyard.
Expert field guides are John Thull and Jenny Bradley, who care for the University of Minnesota's vineyard at the Horticultural Research Center.
There is a cost for the event. The class will be held rain or shine. Class is limited to the first 40 registrants. Registration began March 21 and ends when filled. Pre-registration is required, and the on-farm lunch is included. To reserve a spot, call Terry Schell, U of M Extension - Winona, Government Office Bldg, 202 W. Third Street, Winona MN 55987 (507) 457-6440 Mon-Friday 8 am to 11:30 am. Or e-mail email@example.com. Checks to University of Minnesota Details will be e-mailed or mailed to you.
Questions, contact Tom van der Linden, U of M Extension Educator - Winona County, 74 W. Third St., Winona, MN 55987. Tuesday is generally his office day, he works half time. Call 507-457-6445 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org