"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 8th, 2011
Posted in Agriculture
Posted in Agriculture
Visit two Winona County Minnesota grape growing operations to discuss "bud break," young shoots and other spring grape growing issues on Saturday, April 30, from 9:30 am to 4 pm.
In the morning, you will tour Bob and April Heiring's newly planted vineyard just off US Highway 61 North of Dakota. After the on-farm lunch, the afternoon tour will be at Harry and Jackie Hoch's diversified, Hoch Orchard and Gardens, on a ridge top above La Crescent. There, you will walk an older, organic vineyard.
Expert field guides are John Thull and Jenny Bradley, who care for the University of Minnesota's vineyard at the Horticultural Research Center.
There is a cost for the event. The class will be held rain or shine. Class is limited to the first 40 registrants. Registration began March 21 and ends when filled. Pre-registration is required, and the on-farm lunch is included. To reserve a spot, call Terry Schell, U of M Extension - Winona, Government Office Bldg, 202 W. Third Street, Winona MN 55987 (507) 457-6440 Mon-Friday 8 am to 11:30 am. Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks to University of Minnesota Details will be e-mailed or mailed to you.
Questions, contact Tom van der Linden, U of M Extension Educator - Winona County, 74 W. Third St., Winona, MN 55987. Tuesday is generally his office day, he works half time. Call 507-457-6445 or e-mail email@example.com