"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary Jo Smith, 65, of Milaca, Minn., formerly of Spring Valley died December 20, 2003 in Fairview Northland Regional Hospital in Princeton, Minn. Mary Jo Rathbun was born June 14, 1938, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County. She grew up in Spring Valley and attended Wykoff public schools. She married Everett Smith Sr. on June 2, 1956, in Pleasant Grove. They lived in that area before moving to the Milaca area in 1980. She was a homemaker; farmed; worked as a school bus driver; did home catering; and was a cook at the Milaca Legion, Embers and the Hi-Way Cafe. She was a member of the Milaca Legion Auxiliary and helped with local fund-raising events.
Surviving are her husband; four sons, Dale of Wabash, Minn., Gary of Spring Valley, Everett Jr. of Foreston, Minn., and Eugene of Preston; three daughters, Evelyn Leitz of Champlin, Minn., Betty Jo Kragt of Milaca and Carole Magnuson of Zimmerman, Minn.; 23 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and four brothers, Cyril Rathbun of Spring Valley, Lloyd Rathbun of Brahham, Minn., Dwayne of Missouri and Perry J. Rathbun of Fillmore. She was preceded in death by two sisters, one brother and a son. A memorial service for Mary Jo Smith, was December 23, 2003 in Milaca Alliance Church, with the Rev. Don Smith officiating. Peterson-Johnson Funeral Home in Milaca was in charge of arrangements.