"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, September 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary Jo Smith, 65, of Milaca, Minn., formerly of Spring Valley died December 20, 2003 in Fairview Northland Regional Hospital in Princeton, Minn. Mary Jo Rathbun was born June 14, 1938, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County. She grew up in Spring Valley and attended Wykoff public schools. She married Everett Smith Sr. on June 2, 1956, in Pleasant Grove. They lived in that area before moving to the Milaca area in 1980. She was a homemaker; farmed; worked as a school bus driver; did home catering; and was a cook at the Milaca Legion, Embers and the Hi-Way Cafe. She was a member of the Milaca Legion Auxiliary and helped with local fund-raising events.
Surviving are her husband; four sons, Dale of Wabash, Minn., Gary of Spring Valley, Everett Jr. of Foreston, Minn., and Eugene of Preston; three daughters, Evelyn Leitz of Champlin, Minn., Betty Jo Kragt of Milaca and Carole Magnuson of Zimmerman, Minn.; 23 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and four brothers, Cyril Rathbun of Spring Valley, Lloyd Rathbun of Brahham, Minn., Dwayne of Missouri and Perry J. Rathbun of Fillmore. She was preceded in death by two sisters, one brother and a son. A memorial service for Mary Jo Smith, was December 23, 2003 in Milaca Alliance Church, with the Rev. Don Smith officiating. Peterson-Johnson Funeral Home in Milaca was in charge of arrangements.