"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 1st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:25:31, Jun 29th 2016 - Paul Little - Thanks for the input Derek. I was going to respond and but you said it ... [Read More]
- 12:04:41, Jun 29th 2016 - Derek Stevens - @Redhorse51: Seems to me you are the hypocrite, to berate someone on ... [Read More]
- 2:18:50, Jun 27th 2016 - PLEASE - PLEASE Kingsland district, take a look at what this commentary points and ou ... [Read More]
- 5:54:18, Jun 25th 2016 - Redhorse51 - Yes Ann, we all know that Sharon Roppes was instrumental in the Veteran ... [Read More]
- 10:55:08, Jun 24th 2016 - dianagoguen - Hello, Is there a place to access obituaries from previous years? ... [Read More]
- 3:45:08, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - With all the people that will be flocking to town to have their kids attend sc ... [Read More]
- 3:44:45, Jun 22nd 2016 - Andy O'Connor - Agree to disagree Stan, we'll likely never see eye to eye on this iss ... [Read More]
- 3:23:28, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - #sickofitall...do yourself a favor and get your dictionary out and look up " i ... [Read More]
- 3:15:56, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Palacek easement never was useable. He got to his property, with permi ... [Read More]
- 2:56:30, Jun 22nd 2016 - disgusted - There are a couple of issues here to be addressed The first one is the ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary Jo Smith, 65, of Milaca, Minn., formerly of Spring Valley died December 20, 2003 in Fairview Northland Regional Hospital in Princeton, Minn. Mary Jo Rathbun was born June 14, 1938, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County. She grew up in Spring Valley and attended Wykoff public schools. She married Everett Smith Sr. on June 2, 1956, in Pleasant Grove. They lived in that area before moving to the Milaca area in 1980. She was a homemaker; farmed; worked as a school bus driver; did home catering; and was a cook at the Milaca Legion, Embers and the Hi-Way Cafe. She was a member of the Milaca Legion Auxiliary and helped with local fund-raising events.
Surviving are her husband; four sons, Dale of Wabash, Minn., Gary of Spring Valley, Everett Jr. of Foreston, Minn., and Eugene of Preston; three daughters, Evelyn Leitz of Champlin, Minn., Betty Jo Kragt of Milaca and Carole Magnuson of Zimmerman, Minn.; 23 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and four brothers, Cyril Rathbun of Spring Valley, Lloyd Rathbun of Brahham, Minn., Dwayne of Missouri and Perry J. Rathbun of Fillmore. She was preceded in death by two sisters, one brother and a son. A memorial service for Mary Jo Smith, was December 23, 2003 in Milaca Alliance Church, with the Rev. Don Smith officiating. Peterson-Johnson Funeral Home in Milaca was in charge of arrangements.