"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:04:17, Oct 1st 2014 - linda hovland - As Andy Prinsen knows, I research and I go to meetings to get all the ... [Read More]
- 7:44:37, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 6:50:00, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary Jo Smith, 65, of Milaca, Minn., formerly of Spring Valley died December 20, 2003 in Fairview Northland Regional Hospital in Princeton, Minn. Mary Jo Rathbun was born June 14, 1938, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County. She grew up in Spring Valley and attended Wykoff public schools. She married Everett Smith Sr. on June 2, 1956, in Pleasant Grove. They lived in that area before moving to the Milaca area in 1980. She was a homemaker; farmed; worked as a school bus driver; did home catering; and was a cook at the Milaca Legion, Embers and the Hi-Way Cafe. She was a member of the Milaca Legion Auxiliary and helped with local fund-raising events.
Surviving are her husband; four sons, Dale of Wabash, Minn., Gary of Spring Valley, Everett Jr. of Foreston, Minn., and Eugene of Preston; three daughters, Evelyn Leitz of Champlin, Minn., Betty Jo Kragt of Milaca and Carole Magnuson of Zimmerman, Minn.; 23 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and four brothers, Cyril Rathbun of Spring Valley, Lloyd Rathbun of Brahham, Minn., Dwayne of Missouri and Perry J. Rathbun of Fillmore. She was preceded in death by two sisters, one brother and a son. A memorial service for Mary Jo Smith, was December 23, 2003 in Milaca Alliance Church, with the Rev. Don Smith officiating. Peterson-Johnson Funeral Home in Milaca was in charge of arrangements.