"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary Jo Smith, 65, of Milaca, Minn., formerly of Spring Valley died December 20, 2003 in Fairview Northland Regional Hospital in Princeton, Minn. Mary Jo Rathbun was born June 14, 1938, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County. She grew up in Spring Valley and attended Wykoff public schools. She married Everett Smith Sr. on June 2, 1956, in Pleasant Grove. They lived in that area before moving to the Milaca area in 1980. She was a homemaker; farmed; worked as a school bus driver; did home catering; and was a cook at the Milaca Legion, Embers and the Hi-Way Cafe. She was a member of the Milaca Legion Auxiliary and helped with local fund-raising events.
Surviving are her husband; four sons, Dale of Wabash, Minn., Gary of Spring Valley, Everett Jr. of Foreston, Minn., and Eugene of Preston; three daughters, Evelyn Leitz of Champlin, Minn., Betty Jo Kragt of Milaca and Carole Magnuson of Zimmerman, Minn.; 23 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and four brothers, Cyril Rathbun of Spring Valley, Lloyd Rathbun of Brahham, Minn., Dwayne of Missouri and Perry J. Rathbun of Fillmore. She was preceded in death by two sisters, one brother and a son. A memorial service for Mary Jo Smith, was December 23, 2003 in Milaca Alliance Church, with the Rev. Don Smith officiating. Peterson-Johnson Funeral Home in Milaca was in charge of arrangements.