"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
- 5:23:52, Mar 27th 2015 - Jimbo79 - Sure, small towns have overlapping news. It seems odd that one should foll ... [Read More]
- 5:18:28, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, To expand on my previous post:,Let me ask you a que ... [Read More]
- 4:44:20, Mar 27th 2015 - Thanks! - I have read your articles for quite awhile now, always amazed that you seem ... [Read More]
- 4:26:44, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, So what if the Bluff Valley Reader had an article ... [Read More]
- 3:09:10, Mar 27th 2015 - johnqpublic - This looks familiar...where else have I read this? Just looks so famil ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John E. Lowry, 91, of rural Lanesboro, a former administrator in the health field, died December 16, 2003 at his home.
He was born July 11, 1912, in Washington, Iowa, and after leaving Iowa at age 17, lived in Manzanar and San Diego. He later lived in Omaha, Neb., and in Los Angeles, Alhambra, El Cajon and Pine Valley, Calif., before moving to rural Lanesboro 10 years ago. He attended San Diego State University and Lutheran Bible Institute of Minnesota. On Dec. 29, 1942, he married Leonore Anderson at Bethel Lutheran Church in Los Angeles. She is a registered nurse. Mr. Lowry was a member of First Lutheran Church of Highland, Southern California Nursing Home Association and Los Angeles Hospital Association. Survivors include his wife; a son, David (Elinar) of Chicago; three daughters, Judith (David) Jore of Roseville, Minn., Ruth (Stephen) Conklin of Orange, Calif., and Lois (Byron) Meline of Wanamingo; and 15 grandchildren. A son, four brothers and three sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for John E. Lowry was December 20, 2003 at First Lutheran Church of Highland in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.