"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
- 12:45:22, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out fo ... [Read More]
- 12:37:07, Feb 8th 2016 - understanding - It is easy for someone to say yes! Especially when they are on the re ... [Read More]
- 7:41:46, Feb 7th 2016 - DeerHunterguy - @Terbeest Calling someone who supports Obama like "a follower of Nazi ... [Read More]
- 6:58:19, Feb 7th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Another angry, rambling rant from a bitter right wingnut. Who is this guy? ... [Read More]
- 12:35:24, Feb 7th 2016 - Slate7 - Looks like the flood destroyed Rushford after all. What happened to the stro ... [Read More]
- 5:15:31, Feb 6th 2016 - @respect - "They don't go out of their way to disrespect until disrespect is thrown at ... [Read More]
- 3:28:56, Feb 6th 2016 - Farmer - WOW! Hope you have more life jackets because now that you have actually put y ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John E. Lowry, 91, of rural Lanesboro, a former administrator in the health field, died December 16, 2003 at his home.
He was born July 11, 1912, in Washington, Iowa, and after leaving Iowa at age 17, lived in Manzanar and San Diego. He later lived in Omaha, Neb., and in Los Angeles, Alhambra, El Cajon and Pine Valley, Calif., before moving to rural Lanesboro 10 years ago. He attended San Diego State University and Lutheran Bible Institute of Minnesota. On Dec. 29, 1942, he married Leonore Anderson at Bethel Lutheran Church in Los Angeles. She is a registered nurse. Mr. Lowry was a member of First Lutheran Church of Highland, Southern California Nursing Home Association and Los Angeles Hospital Association. Survivors include his wife; a son, David (Elinar) of Chicago; three daughters, Judith (David) Jore of Roseville, Minn., Ruth (Stephen) Conklin of Orange, Calif., and Lois (Byron) Meline of Wanamingo; and 15 grandchildren. A son, four brothers and three sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for John E. Lowry was December 20, 2003 at First Lutheran Church of Highland in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.