"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
- 12:25:29, Mar 1st 2015 - hum - How about something yo do for the youth! These kids have nothing to do in the s ... [Read More]
- 12:16:31, Mar 1st 2015 - Be honest - This is happening more and more in small towns. Attorney's are telling t ... [Read More]
- 10:52:21, Mar 1st 2015 - doc - Amen! BIG ISSUE ... [Read More]
- 10:13:47, Mar 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - As usual, Yvonne wants to treat the symptoms rather than address the caus ... [Read More]
- 10:07:03, Mar 1st 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 9:40:54, Feb 27th 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 4:55:27, Feb 27th 2015 - oh wow - Really people. Having a fit about Kwik Trip and a beer license? Get a lif ... [Read More]
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John E. Lowry, 91, of rural Lanesboro, a former administrator in the health field, died December 16, 2003 at his home.
He was born July 11, 1912, in Washington, Iowa, and after leaving Iowa at age 17, lived in Manzanar and San Diego. He later lived in Omaha, Neb., and in Los Angeles, Alhambra, El Cajon and Pine Valley, Calif., before moving to rural Lanesboro 10 years ago. He attended San Diego State University and Lutheran Bible Institute of Minnesota. On Dec. 29, 1942, he married Leonore Anderson at Bethel Lutheran Church in Los Angeles. She is a registered nurse. Mr. Lowry was a member of First Lutheran Church of Highland, Southern California Nursing Home Association and Los Angeles Hospital Association. Survivors include his wife; a son, David (Elinar) of Chicago; three daughters, Judith (David) Jore of Roseville, Minn., Ruth (Stephen) Conklin of Orange, Calif., and Lois (Byron) Meline of Wanamingo; and 15 grandchildren. A son, four brothers and three sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for John E. Lowry was December 20, 2003 at First Lutheran Church of Highland in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.