"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, January 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:42:36, Jan 30th 2015 - FountainFarmer - neighbor, in your mind my comments might make me appear I want to st ... [Read More]
- 5:17:15, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Harmony rocks.....had to call the cops 3 times before they came! So there ... [Read More]
- 5:15:25, Jan 30th 2015 - whatever - Agree who do these parents think they are. They just look like fools! I th ... [Read More]
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
- 6:33:07, Jan 28th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - I don't think that they lack good sportsmanship at FC, I just th ... [Read More]
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
Do you support the Presidents proposal for the first two years of community college to be completely free?
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John E. Lowry, 91, of rural Lanesboro, a former administrator in the health field, died December 16, 2003 at his home.
He was born July 11, 1912, in Washington, Iowa, and after leaving Iowa at age 17, lived in Manzanar and San Diego. He later lived in Omaha, Neb., and in Los Angeles, Alhambra, El Cajon and Pine Valley, Calif., before moving to rural Lanesboro 10 years ago. He attended San Diego State University and Lutheran Bible Institute of Minnesota. On Dec. 29, 1942, he married Leonore Anderson at Bethel Lutheran Church in Los Angeles. She is a registered nurse. Mr. Lowry was a member of First Lutheran Church of Highland, Southern California Nursing Home Association and Los Angeles Hospital Association. Survivors include his wife; a son, David (Elinar) of Chicago; three daughters, Judith (David) Jore of Roseville, Minn., Ruth (Stephen) Conklin of Orange, Calif., and Lois (Byron) Meline of Wanamingo; and 15 grandchildren. A son, four brothers and three sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for John E. Lowry was December 20, 2003 at First Lutheran Church of Highland in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.