"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:09:10, Mar 27th 2015 - johnqpublic - This looks familiar...where else have I read this? Just looks so famil ... [Read More]
- 10:51:48, Mar 27th 2015 - Vikefan 1 - Thanks, Mr. Van Gorp, for speaking out. I'm 100% with you. ... [Read More]
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
- 6:55:20, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left In addition please watch your spelling. I ... [Read More]
- 2:38:08, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - I take full ownership of what I wrote. Where did you get the idea that I ... [Read More]
- 12:15:11, Mar 25th 2015 - old farmer - Good job Gabrielle, just a couple extra thoughts. Animals deserve our w ... [Read More]
- 9:18:51, Mar 25th 2015 - luver of all thingss laft - Vikean1 dude don't blame them, take some ownership of wat ... [Read More]
- 11:34:43, Mar 24th 2015 - LOOKonTheBrightSide - Cheer up guys, you're all idiots regardless of political party ... [Read More]
- 11:27:21, Mar 24th 2015 - Jaded - Thanks for turning a teenager's journal project as a springboard for your ow ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Clarence Joseph Gehling, 83 of Grand Meadow died December 20, 2003 at his home.
He was born September 1, 1920 in Carroll, Iowa to Henry and Regina (Reiling) Gehling. He married Florence Kraus on October 20, 1943 in Roselle, IA. He served three years in the Army Air Corp as a flight engineer during WWII in the Persian Gulf and North Africa. After his military service he returned home to farm in Carroll County, Iowa then moved to Mower County in 1953. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus for 62 years and the American Legion for 59 years. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Ronald (Lanna) Gehling of Preston, Marvin (Linda) Gehling and Wayne (Carol) Gehling both of Grand Meadow; a daughter, Elaine (Jim) Hegge of Kewanee, Ill.; 15 grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren; a brother and a sister. His parents, three brothers and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral mass for Clarence Gehling was December 24, 2003 at St. Finbarr Catholic Church in Grand Meadow with Father Steve Peterson officiating. Burial was in the St. Finbarr cemetery. Hindt Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.