"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
- 4:42:50, Oct 4th 2015 - Claudia Larson - What they passed was not Comprehensive Immigration as there wasn't on ... [Read More]
- 5:19:12, Oct 4th 2015 - Commonsense - And people on bikes, moterized scooters need to stay off the sidewalks ... [Read More]
- 5:11:54, Oct 3rd 2015 - Cityit - I can't believe a school with an enrollment this size can't control bullying. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Clarence Joseph Gehling, 83 of Grand Meadow died December 20, 2003 at his home.
He was born September 1, 1920 in Carroll, Iowa to Henry and Regina (Reiling) Gehling. He married Florence Kraus on October 20, 1943 in Roselle, IA. He served three years in the Army Air Corp as a flight engineer during WWII in the Persian Gulf and North Africa. After his military service he returned home to farm in Carroll County, Iowa then moved to Mower County in 1953. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus for 62 years and the American Legion for 59 years. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Ronald (Lanna) Gehling of Preston, Marvin (Linda) Gehling and Wayne (Carol) Gehling both of Grand Meadow; a daughter, Elaine (Jim) Hegge of Kewanee, Ill.; 15 grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren; a brother and a sister. His parents, three brothers and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral mass for Clarence Gehling was December 24, 2003 at St. Finbarr Catholic Church in Grand Meadow with Father Steve Peterson officiating. Burial was in the St. Finbarr cemetery. Hindt Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.