"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:57:34, Aug 4th 2015 - Nosey - Why do the people that live on inner streets get to decide the others have to ... [Read More]
- 11:18:20, Aug 4th 2015 - A Parent - What about the 4 kids that have fallen on the icy road already on the way ... [Read More]
- 5:27:13, Aug 4th 2015 - - Yup. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. and why pick Preston, why not ... [Read More]
- 7:36:35, Aug 3rd 2015 - Aspy - Talk about a council full of dumba**es! ... [Read More]
- 1:25:55, Aug 3rd 2015 - kim wentworth - couple of thoughts briefly-1) the point of where someone originates fr ... [Read More]
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Clarence Joseph Gehling, 83 of Grand Meadow died December 20, 2003 at his home.
He was born September 1, 1920 in Carroll, Iowa to Henry and Regina (Reiling) Gehling. He married Florence Kraus on October 20, 1943 in Roselle, IA. He served three years in the Army Air Corp as a flight engineer during WWII in the Persian Gulf and North Africa. After his military service he returned home to farm in Carroll County, Iowa then moved to Mower County in 1953. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus for 62 years and the American Legion for 59 years. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Ronald (Lanna) Gehling of Preston, Marvin (Linda) Gehling and Wayne (Carol) Gehling both of Grand Meadow; a daughter, Elaine (Jim) Hegge of Kewanee, Ill.; 15 grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren; a brother and a sister. His parents, three brothers and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral mass for Clarence Gehling was December 24, 2003 at St. Finbarr Catholic Church in Grand Meadow with Father Steve Peterson officiating. Burial was in the St. Finbarr cemetery. Hindt Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.