"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Clarence Joseph Gehling, 83 of Grand Meadow died December 20, 2003 at his home.
He was born September 1, 1920 in Carroll, Iowa to Henry and Regina (Reiling) Gehling. He married Florence Kraus on October 20, 1943 in Roselle, IA. He served three years in the Army Air Corp as a flight engineer during WWII in the Persian Gulf and North Africa. After his military service he returned home to farm in Carroll County, Iowa then moved to Mower County in 1953. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus for 62 years and the American Legion for 59 years. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Ronald (Lanna) Gehling of Preston, Marvin (Linda) Gehling and Wayne (Carol) Gehling both of Grand Meadow; a daughter, Elaine (Jim) Hegge of Kewanee, Ill.; 15 grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren; a brother and a sister. His parents, three brothers and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral mass for Clarence Gehling was December 24, 2003 at St. Finbarr Catholic Church in Grand Meadow with Father Steve Peterson officiating. Burial was in the St. Finbarr cemetery. Hindt Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.