"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, October 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Byron F. Casterton, 96, of Harmony, formerly of Mabel and Spring Grove, died December 17, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare.
He was born Feb. 8, 1907, in Prosper, and after attending Prosper school, farmed in the area. On Dec. 4, 1941, he married Constance M. Moen at the Assumption Church rectory in Canton. They farmed near Prosper until 1972, when they retired and moved to Mabel. Mr. Casterton then painted houses until the mid-1990s. In 1996, they moved to Spring Grove and lived there until moving to Harmony in February 2003. He was an active member of St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel, served on the Canton Township Board for many years. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Elayne (Dante) Cannarozzi of Scituate, Mass., and Sharon (Edwin) Balmer of Fort Collins, Colo.; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Gladys Johnson of Mabel and Vera Bidsler of Harmony. Five brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. A funeral Mass for Byron F. Casterton was December 20, 2003 at St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel, with the Rev. Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.