"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Byron F. Casterton, 96, of Harmony, formerly of Mabel and Spring Grove, died December 17, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare.
He was born Feb. 8, 1907, in Prosper, and after attending Prosper school, farmed in the area. On Dec. 4, 1941, he married Constance M. Moen at the Assumption Church rectory in Canton. They farmed near Prosper until 1972, when they retired and moved to Mabel. Mr. Casterton then painted houses until the mid-1990s. In 1996, they moved to Spring Grove and lived there until moving to Harmony in February 2003. He was an active member of St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel, served on the Canton Township Board for many years. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Elayne (Dante) Cannarozzi of Scituate, Mass., and Sharon (Edwin) Balmer of Fort Collins, Colo.; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Gladys Johnson of Mabel and Vera Bidsler of Harmony. Five brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. A funeral Mass for Byron F. Casterton was December 20, 2003 at St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel, with the Rev. Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.