"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 8th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Byron F. Casterton, 96, of Harmony, formerly of Mabel and Spring Grove, died December 17, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare.
He was born Feb. 8, 1907, in Prosper, and after attending Prosper school, farmed in the area. On Dec. 4, 1941, he married Constance M. Moen at the Assumption Church rectory in Canton. They farmed near Prosper until 1972, when they retired and moved to Mabel. Mr. Casterton then painted houses until the mid-1990s. In 1996, they moved to Spring Grove and lived there until moving to Harmony in February 2003. He was an active member of St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel, served on the Canton Township Board for many years. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Elayne (Dante) Cannarozzi of Scituate, Mass., and Sharon (Edwin) Balmer of Fort Collins, Colo.; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Gladys Johnson of Mabel and Vera Bidsler of Harmony. Five brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. A funeral Mass for Byron F. Casterton was December 20, 2003 at St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel, with the Rev. Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.