"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:21:57, Mar 6th 2015 - AGREED - RESPONSE TO DOC = Um HELLO!!! the point of the article and the feedback is t ... [Read More]
- 2:20:23, Mar 5th 2015 - doc - Excellent article. Now if the brainless idiots would do it. ... [Read More]
- 11:29:56, Mar 4th 2015 - SV 78 - OK fine we live by natural law. How does that apply to homosexuality? ... [Read More]
- 6:39:18, Mar 4th 2015 - disappointed - DOC.....WHY DO U THINK I WORK AT MAYO? BELIEVE ME WHEN MY CHILD GRADUAT ... [Read More]
- 11:11:29, Mar 3rd 2015 - doc - Apparently Harmony Telephone doesn't have billions in cash to spend on internet ... [Read More]
- 7:56:16, Mar 3rd 2015 - Bear - Why does the Journal even print this garbage? I would like to know the drugs t ... [Read More]
- 4:37:50, Mar 3rd 2015 - next - Now let's talk about the idiots who push there snow into the street. Even a 5th ... [Read More]
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Byron F. Casterton, 96, of Harmony, formerly of Mabel and Spring Grove, died December 17, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare.
He was born Feb. 8, 1907, in Prosper, and after attending Prosper school, farmed in the area. On Dec. 4, 1941, he married Constance M. Moen at the Assumption Church rectory in Canton. They farmed near Prosper until 1972, when they retired and moved to Mabel. Mr. Casterton then painted houses until the mid-1990s. In 1996, they moved to Spring Grove and lived there until moving to Harmony in February 2003. He was an active member of St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel, served on the Canton Township Board for many years. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Elayne (Dante) Cannarozzi of Scituate, Mass., and Sharon (Edwin) Balmer of Fort Collins, Colo.; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Gladys Johnson of Mabel and Vera Bidsler of Harmony. Five brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. A funeral Mass for Byron F. Casterton was December 20, 2003 at St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel, with the Rev. Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.