"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Byron F. Casterton, 96, of Harmony, formerly of Mabel and Spring Grove, died December 17, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare.
He was born Feb. 8, 1907, in Prosper, and after attending Prosper school, farmed in the area. On Dec. 4, 1941, he married Constance M. Moen at the Assumption Church rectory in Canton. They farmed near Prosper until 1972, when they retired and moved to Mabel. Mr. Casterton then painted houses until the mid-1990s. In 1996, they moved to Spring Grove and lived there until moving to Harmony in February 2003. He was an active member of St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel, served on the Canton Township Board for many years. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Elayne (Dante) Cannarozzi of Scituate, Mass., and Sharon (Edwin) Balmer of Fort Collins, Colo.; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Gladys Johnson of Mabel and Vera Bidsler of Harmony. Five brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. A funeral Mass for Byron F. Casterton was December 20, 2003 at St. Olaf Catholic Church in Mabel, with the Rev. Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.