"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lila ‘Tippy’ Anderson, 80, of Harmony, died December 24, 2003 at home.
She was born Oct. 18, 1923, in Elizabeth, Minn. to Gottlieb and Bergetta (Smith) Fick. As a young woman, she worked as a “Rosie the Riveter” at Lockheed in California during World War II. She married Norman J. Anderson on May 7, 1949, in Rushford. He preceded her in death. After moving to Harmony, she worked 25 years at HECO, sewing canvas tops for pop-up campers. She was an active church member and church volunteer. Survivors include a sister, Mabel; a brother, Eugene; two sons, Larry (Diane) and Michael; two daughters, Deborah (James) Kesel and Karen Anderson; four grandchildren and a great-grandson. She was preceded in death by one grandson, five brothers and three sisters. The funeral for Lila “Tippy” Anderson was December 27, 2003 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with Rev. James Radatz officiating. Burial was in Greenfield Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.