"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lila ‘Tippy’ Anderson, 80, of Harmony, died December 24, 2003 at home.
She was born Oct. 18, 1923, in Elizabeth, Minn. to Gottlieb and Bergetta (Smith) Fick. As a young woman, she worked as a “Rosie the Riveter” at Lockheed in California during World War II. She married Norman J. Anderson on May 7, 1949, in Rushford. He preceded her in death. After moving to Harmony, she worked 25 years at HECO, sewing canvas tops for pop-up campers. She was an active church member and church volunteer. Survivors include a sister, Mabel; a brother, Eugene; two sons, Larry (Diane) and Michael; two daughters, Deborah (James) Kesel and Karen Anderson; four grandchildren and a great-grandson. She was preceded in death by one grandson, five brothers and three sisters. The funeral for Lila “Tippy” Anderson was December 27, 2003 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with Rev. James Radatz officiating. Burial was in Greenfield Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.