"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, November 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Elwood Wayne Thoreson, 79, of rural Lime Springs, Iowa, died December 25, 2003 at his home.
Born Oct. 21, 1924, in rural Ostrander, to Eddie and Mabel (Johnson) Thoreson. He graduated from LeRoy High School. He married Arlene Eleanor Olson on Nov. 10, 1950, at Saetersdal Lutheran Church. Mr. Thoreson was a retired farmer. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Sharilyn Ann Thoreson of Spring Valley and Janet LeNor TerBeest of Spring Valley; a son, Allan Keith Thoreson of Lime Springs; three grandchildren; four sisters, Leona Ruble of Austin, Arlene Swenson of Stewartville, Mary Ellen (Gordon) Meyers of Rochester and Joan Thorson of Ostrander. He was preceded in death by two infant sisters. The funeral for Elwood Wayne Thoreson was December 28, 2003 at Saetersdal Lutheran Church in rural Harmony, with the Rev. Barbara Finley-Shea officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.