"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Emeline C. Stender, 85, of Albert Lea, formerly of Wykoff, died December 28, 2003 at St. Johnís Lutheran Home in Albert Lea.
Emeline C. Hemker was born July 24, 1918, in Pleasant Grove, Olmsted County to Martin and Hulda (Sabatke) Hemker. She attended Stewartville, Chatfield and Wykoff schools and then was a cook at the county home in La Crosse, Wis. On March 25, 1942, she married Raymond Stender in Chicago. She was a homemaker and worked for a number of Wykoff businesses, including Forest Inn. She was a member of St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church for more than 60 years. Survivors include two daughters, Sandra (Richard) Chapman of Albert Lea and Donna (Steven) Retter of Woodbury, Minn.; six grandchildren; and a sister, Irene (Donald) Lambert of Alexandria, Minn. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1998, a brother and a sister. The funeral for Emeline C. Stender was December 31, 2003 at St. Johnís Evangelical Lutheran Church in Wykoff, with the Rev. Peter Sestak officiating. Burial was in St. Johnís Cemetery in Wykoff. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.