"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
- 6:22:03, Jul 22nd 2015 - Let's see - And the big piles they make in middle of roads that u have to drive up an ... [Read More]
- 10:55:05, Jul 21st 2015 - BareMinimum - Maybe now side streets can get plowed! Sick of the terrible condition ... [Read More]
- 10:03:19, Jul 20th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul and the song writer- forgot your spellcheck / the glaciers and ... [Read More]
- 8:42:34, Jul 19th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, Paul and livin' the dream. ... [Read More]
- 2:22:27, Jul 19th 2015 - Paul - I was once told and truly believe, "Never argue with an idiot. You can't win a ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Emeline C. Stender, 85, of Albert Lea, formerly of Wykoff, died December 28, 2003 at St. Johnís Lutheran Home in Albert Lea.
Emeline C. Hemker was born July 24, 1918, in Pleasant Grove, Olmsted County to Martin and Hulda (Sabatke) Hemker. She attended Stewartville, Chatfield and Wykoff schools and then was a cook at the county home in La Crosse, Wis. On March 25, 1942, she married Raymond Stender in Chicago. She was a homemaker and worked for a number of Wykoff businesses, including Forest Inn. She was a member of St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church for more than 60 years. Survivors include two daughters, Sandra (Richard) Chapman of Albert Lea and Donna (Steven) Retter of Woodbury, Minn.; six grandchildren; and a sister, Irene (Donald) Lambert of Alexandria, Minn. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1998, a brother and a sister. The funeral for Emeline C. Stender was December 31, 2003 at St. Johnís Evangelical Lutheran Church in Wykoff, with the Rev. Peter Sestak officiating. Burial was in St. Johnís Cemetery in Wykoff. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.