"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, February 10th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
- 1:16:28, Feb 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, You are correct when you state the negative comments were mostly f ... [Read More]
- 11:31:59, Feb 9th 2016 - Rushford Man says - I am willing to pay more taxes for the new school. It will bene ... [Read More]
- 11:16:55, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 I don't know how I can get you to address the main point of the a ... [Read More]
- 10:37:19, Feb 9th 2016 - @says - Quit whining. I would say the value of your farm / land has dramatically inc ... [Read More]
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Emeline C. Stender, 85, of Albert Lea, formerly of Wykoff, died December 28, 2003 at St. Johnís Lutheran Home in Albert Lea.
Emeline C. Hemker was born July 24, 1918, in Pleasant Grove, Olmsted County to Martin and Hulda (Sabatke) Hemker. She attended Stewartville, Chatfield and Wykoff schools and then was a cook at the county home in La Crosse, Wis. On March 25, 1942, she married Raymond Stender in Chicago. She was a homemaker and worked for a number of Wykoff businesses, including Forest Inn. She was a member of St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church for more than 60 years. Survivors include two daughters, Sandra (Richard) Chapman of Albert Lea and Donna (Steven) Retter of Woodbury, Minn.; six grandchildren; and a sister, Irene (Donald) Lambert of Alexandria, Minn. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1998, a brother and a sister. The funeral for Emeline C. Stender was December 31, 2003 at St. Johnís Evangelical Lutheran Church in Wykoff, with the Rev. Peter Sestak officiating. Burial was in St. Johnís Cemetery in Wykoff. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.