"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers‚Äô slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Emeline C. Stender, 85, of Albert Lea, formerly of Wykoff, died December 28, 2003 at St. Johnís Lutheran Home in Albert Lea.
Emeline C. Hemker was born July 24, 1918, in Pleasant Grove, Olmsted County to Martin and Hulda (Sabatke) Hemker. She attended Stewartville, Chatfield and Wykoff schools and then was a cook at the county home in La Crosse, Wis. On March 25, 1942, she married Raymond Stender in Chicago. She was a homemaker and worked for a number of Wykoff businesses, including Forest Inn. She was a member of St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church for more than 60 years. Survivors include two daughters, Sandra (Richard) Chapman of Albert Lea and Donna (Steven) Retter of Woodbury, Minn.; six grandchildren; and a sister, Irene (Donald) Lambert of Alexandria, Minn. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1998, a brother and a sister. The funeral for Emeline C. Stender was December 31, 2003 at St. Johnís Evangelical Lutheran Church in Wykoff, with the Rev. Peter Sestak officiating. Burial was in St. Johnís Cemetery in Wykoff. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.