"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
- 11:15:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Let's hear them - I would like to know what Kim and mike suggest we do to address t ... [Read More]
- 9:49:05, Oct 21st 2014 - Tom Kaase-Fillmore County Commissioner, 1st District - I appreciate and recognize how ... [Read More]
- 9:33:44, Oct 21st 2014 - Hi - The Newell school district has 108 kids 9-12 and 361 kids pre-k through 12. No ... [Read More]
- 8:51:06, Oct 21st 2014 - apples/oranges - How can you use the dollar figure from your remodel at Newell as a g ... [Read More]
- 8:39:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - So if the referrendum fails then what are your plans? Are we going to try to ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Grace M. Schorr, 80, of Cresco, died December 27, 2003 at Cresco Care Center.
She was the former Grace Melver. She was active in her church, volunteered in the community, and was a life member and past president of the VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include a son, Joe (Marilyn) of Lansing, Iowa; a daughter, Barbara (William) Sheda of Conroe, Texas; five grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; five brothers, Kermit Melver of Shell Rock, Iowa, Carl Melver Jr. and George Melver, both of Cresco, Leonard Melver of Granger, Minn., and Oscar Melver of Lime Springs, Iowa; and two sisters, Ann Balk of Goodell, Iowa, and Wanda Sly of Des Moines, Iowa. She was preceded in death by her husband, Alvin, and five brothers. The funeral for Grace M. Schorr was December 31, 2003 at First Lutheran Church in Cresco. Burial will be in New Oregon Cemetery in the spring. Lindstrom Funeral home in Cresco was in charge of arrangements.