"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, May 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:53:13, May 24th 2015 - Greg Rendahl - Jason, while you certainly make some good points in your opinion piece ... [Read More]
- 4:56:30, May 22nd 2015 - Shame on you - "A gun is an instrument of death. It is designed for one purpose, to k ... [Read More]
- 1:35:20, May 22nd 2015 - Michael - As a Navy veteran I salute Ron Scheevel for his service and sacrifice in Vi ... [Read More]
- 12:48:16, May 22nd 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of points in response. the NRA has had a long history in gu ... [Read More]
- 11:57:35, May 22nd 2015 - RogerClegg - Re felon voting: Glad this bill failed. If you aren’t willing to fo ... [Read More]
- 12:15:00, May 20th 2015 - Shorty - Makes me feel pretty old when I read about people I knew. I would like to ... [Read More]
- 11:34:36, May 20th 2015 - SV80 - To Future: I can empathize with your regarding Hawkeye63. He exhibits all t ... [Read More]
- 12:49:06, May 19th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 My entire argument has been based on legal civil rights argument ... [Read More]
- 7:22:50, May 19th 2015 - hawkeye63 - There you have it fellow citizens, I sure hope America is paying attentio ... [Read More]
- 6:06:44, May 18th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Thank you for a great read. Like an addicting mini-series, I could not ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 2nd, 2004
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Grace M. Schorr, 80, of Cresco, died December 27, 2003 at Cresco Care Center.
She was the former Grace Melver. She was active in her church, volunteered in the community, and was a life member and past president of the VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include a son, Joe (Marilyn) of Lansing, Iowa; a daughter, Barbara (William) Sheda of Conroe, Texas; five grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; five brothers, Kermit Melver of Shell Rock, Iowa, Carl Melver Jr. and George Melver, both of Cresco, Leonard Melver of Granger, Minn., and Oscar Melver of Lime Springs, Iowa; and two sisters, Ann Balk of Goodell, Iowa, and Wanda Sly of Des Moines, Iowa. She was preceded in death by her husband, Alvin, and five brothers. The funeral for Grace M. Schorr was December 31, 2003 at First Lutheran Church in Cresco. Burial will be in New Oregon Cemetery in the spring. Lindstrom Funeral home in Cresco was in charge of arrangements.